Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor, cancelling contact ?

• 07-11-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey,

Advice appreciated please.

My girlfriend rang meteor about cancelling her contract, her twelve months are nearlly up. She seems to think that they have told her that she can't just cancel after twelve months and switch to pay as you go and keep same number. They want here to pay an extra months bill to keep the same number, does this sound normal?

Sounds like a load of bs to me?

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

part of her contract is that she has to give 30 days notice. if she called them 30 days before her contract ended she wouldn't have to pay an extra month

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

What about in the case of being over 12 months, can they still demand notice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Its the 24th of Nov.
    Seems very harsh, considering she is still in the 12 month period.

Sorry, she can cancel on the 24th no problem, but cant keep her number if she does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

philidub wrote: »
    Sorry, she can cancel on the 24th no problem, but cant keep her number if she does that.

But if you give the notice they will let you keep the number? I've had mine for about 6 years (really sad :D), so it would be a lot of hassle if i got that taken off me. I'm with 3 and have an 087 number.

• Advertisement

What about in the case of being over 12 months, can they still demand notice?

yes

tell her to inform them of 30 days notice now. then on the 7th of december she can go into a meteor store and get switched to pre pay straight away. make sure she goes in before the contract actually cancels on the 31st day or she might have trouble keeping her number

if she cancels on the 24th she can keep her number but she'll have to pay the extra month. in fact she'll have to pay the extra month regardless of whether she keeps her number or not

Yeah she can but will have to pay extra month on contract.
    Seems very unfair that she cant just keep number and leave after twelve months.
    Like car insurance for example, they contact you and you have option to continue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Check comreg for more details if she is planning to stay with meteor then she may ahve to check her original contract but if she wished to change to pay as you go on another metwork and keep the numebr i dont think the 30 days applies

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/mobile_number_portability.19.LE.asp

Thats the thing, she wants to stay with meteor. I think if she went into o2 on the day her bill was up she would be able to switch without charge( I was able to do this when I left o2 for meteor) but if she wants to stay with meteor they will penalize her? crazy logic.

Yeah she can but will have to pay extra month on contract.
    Seems very unfair that she cant just keep number and leave after twelve months.
    Like car insurance for example, they contact you and you have option to continue with them.

as i've already said, she can leave and keep her number but if she doesn't give the 30 days notice required by her cnotract she has to pay the extra month as if she did. basically she has to pay for the month anyway so she might as well get her money's worth

• Advertisement

Thats the thing, she wants to stay with meteor. I think if she went into o2 on the day her bill was up she would be able to switch without charge( I was able to do this when I left o2 for meteor) but if she wants to stay with meteor they will penalize her? crazy logic.
    you don't seem to be understanding me here. if she went into o2 she could switch right then and there....but she would then recieve a bill for everything she owed PLUS the 30 days notice that she didn't give. her contract requires her to give 30 days notice and she has to either give it or pay for it regardless of how she ends her contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

Yea Thats Normal
    She Should Just Pay It
    Or She Could Do It The Owkward Way By Buying An o2 sim Then Transfering The Number To o2 Then Transfer It Again To A Meteor Sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    Or She Could Do It The Owkward Way By Buying An o2 sim Then Transfering The Number To o2 Then Transfer It Again To A Meteor Sim

How long do you have to wait before you transfer back,
    and can you do it from 02 to vodafone and back to 02 ?

Advertisement