Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mortgage rate at present?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭

Hi,

do any banks have tracker mortgages left?Or what bank has the best rate at the moment?
    I'm with TSB and want to change. We have a tracker- it's +1.68% above ECB.
    Currenty 5.43 (with Oct drop) and will go down to 4.93% in Dec (Nov drop).

Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Don't think trackers are available any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I've heard a few people tell me that Banks are trying to get customers off Trackers & onto Variable, saying that its a BETTER move ! doh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

kmick wrote: »

That link is not a good guide - no mention of Halifax 4.9% Variable and it uses APR all the time even on fixed rates - which is fairly meaningless for a fixed rate comparison. They are brokers - and may well not list all rates from lenders who don't pay them commission.
    Lowest rates are on www.moneyguideireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I've heard a few people tell me that Banks are trying to get customers off Trackers & onto Variable, saying that its a BETTER move ! doh !!

Suppose it's the one little bit of pleasure we can get from the banks. Eevn if it does take them 30 days to pass on any rate cut, I think they have to pass it on within that timeframe, once you're on a tracker.
    If you're on a var mortgage, I don't think they are under any obligation to follow the ECB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

true, but most banks don't have trackers anymore....or if they do the rate is +a lot above the ECB.

Advertisement