Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs in court

• 07-11-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

Word is that the judgement is in in the Albion case, being read out now. Thread on Gypoweb suggests they lost.

If thats the case, I for one am delighted. Couldnt happen to a bigger shower of *****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Total disaster.

Thanks for your support CiaranC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

CiaranC wrote: »
    Word is that the judgement is in in the Albion case, being read out now. Thread on Gypoweb suggests they lost.

If thats the case, I for one am delighted. Couldnt happen to a bigger shower of *****.

Boh$ = $hels in disguise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

SectionF wrote: »
    Total disaster.

Thanks for your support CiaranC.
    Youll get exactly as much sympathy from me as Bohs fans gave SRFC throughout their troubles, e.g. none. A pox on all your houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Does this mean they are fooked?

ffs, what the fook is wrong with clubs.

Why couldn't clubs take stock of what happened to Rovers and Shels?

What the hell is wrong with people.

I genuinely feel sorry for the Bohs fans, this is a horrible feeling.

I hope they get through it.

They better be relegated though, if they break the wage cap.

They were already ****ed, this just means they are extra-super-ultra ****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So what exactly were they in court for? Was it, as said in Des' post, for breaking the wage cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Des wrote: »

I genuinely feel sorry for the Bohs fans, this is a horrible feeling.

Agreed on that. Having gone through "examinserhip" and having massive uncertainty surrounding my own club (I'll point out here we are far from in the clear as yet), its a manky feeling.

Without anyone getting smug or facetitious on this, what are the ramifacations for Bohs now?

Mushy wrote: »
    So what exactly were they in court for? Was it, as said in Des' post, for breaking the wage cap?

They sold a part of their ground twice.

Went public, announced the deal, but tried to renege on it.

They were in court to find out if the deal stood or not. Because they subsequently did another deal, and were expecting a million from it.

They were relying on that million to keep them under the wage cap.

Now they won't get that million because that builder won't have a deal anymore.

A horrible mess, made by the club.

At least they can't try to blame anyone else, this is totally the club at fault.

They are a "members" club too, meaning the fans own it.

The fans can't even claim that they didn't know what was going on, they just has their heads in the sand.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The fooking cheek of Bohs fans who were jumping on the grave os Shels two years ago.

You reap what you sow lads.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

You reap what you sow lads.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?
    Indeed.

Here is an idea, why not forget this season ever happened, and start anew. Its been one mess after another.

At least all the first division sides seem to have their houses in order :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gimmick wrote: »
    Here is an idea, why not forget this season ever happened, and start anew. Its been one mess after another.

Most of the premier teams too looks like Derry could win the league be default lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They sold a part of their ground twice.

Went public, announced the deal, but tried to renege on it.

They were in court to find out if the deal stood or not. Because they subsequently did another deal, and were expecting a million from it.

They were relying on that million to keep them under the wage cap.

Now they won't get that million because that builder won't have a deal anymore.

A horrible mess, made by the club.

At least they can't try to blame anyone else, this is totally the club at fault.

They are a "members" club too, meaning the fans own it.

The fans can't even claim that they didn't know what was going on, they just has their heads in the sand.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers for that. That's bizarre they thought they could do that.

This season was brought to you by the words default and asterisks.

ffs.

I fooking hate the LoI sometimes.

If this continues I'm turning to the EPL.

It's very hard to support a league like this.

Nah, go for La Liga. Its warmer there.

Nah, go for La Liga. Its warmer there.

Games are on at weird times though.

Maybe the Spanish think 3pm Saturday is a weird time?

Maybe the Spanish think 3pm Saturday is a weird time?

But I live in West Britain, so I'd rather support a league closer to home.

MAybe I could support Linfield.

Or Caernarfon Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well this is a dilly of a pickle. Speaking of which im off for breakfast or brunch..

Oh and shame on bohs etc.

But with a Sky remote, it can make you a local where ever you want. Thank you Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

i think that Bohs could be in serious serious trouble now.

The league title could yet be stripped off them and they could be relegated or worse go down the tube. :(

• Advertisement

Gareth37 wrote: »
    i think that Bohs could be in serious serious trouble now.

The league title could yet be stripped off them and they could be relegated or worse go down the tube. :(

Two out of three please.

I wouldn't like to see a club go out of business.

MASSIVE CLUB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You're not invincible
    You're not invincible
    You're not invincible
    You're not invincible

etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Shels Part II

FAI OUT

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Shels Part II

FAI OUT

:confused:

Nothing to do with the fai.

This is the fault of the club for messing around with land deals.

If the fai don't throw the book at them, then I'll say the fai have to take a long hard look at themselves.

But for now.

This is Bohs at fault.

Major fault

Just had a thought.

ONYD picked the wrong week to get banned

*waves at ONYD*

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the fai have to take a long hard look at themselves

wouldn't be the first time they'd have had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Big club in reality check.

Hopefully this will be another club taking their medicine, wising up, and not letting a members club turn into just another deluded, autocratic board.

I'd have had a lot more sympathy if we hadn't have had the best team since whenever and forget everything else stuff rammed down our throats all season long. Especially when my own team were getting whitewashed because we are trying to put out a team fairly, and within the club's means.

I'll be honest and say I don't want any club - not even Bohs - to go out of business, but after some of the ill will (and mind-boggling bitterness) shown to Rovers, I'll not shed any tears if relegation or examinership results from this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I, for one, welcome Bohs' new overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Just had a thought.

ONYD picked the wrong week to get banned

*waves at ONYD*

:D:D

i have said this before and I'll say it again.

Time to disband the league and start again.

Brand new franchise clubs, now.

Oh and what happened to ONYD, I was too busy watch the US Election ?

^ :rolleyes:

Yep.

Excellent idea.

Go from clubs that have some support to clubs that nobody will bother to support.

This suggestion is made on a regular basis round these parts, but has no basis in intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Yep.

Excellent idea.

Go from clubs that have some support to clubs that nobody will bother to support.

This suggestion is made on a regular basis round these parts, but has no basis in intelligence.

the last 4 winners have all got into trouble, points deducted, property deals go bad etc.

There is something wrong with the setup.

Time for drastic changes.

now what happened to ONYD (I miss him/her too)

Who will support your new clubs?

The barstool brigade won't, the day trip brigade won't and the current LoI supporters won't support a franchise.

How will these new clubs sustain themselves?

Nobody would sponsor a league with no fans.

ONYD was banned for calling Man U "manure" while the mods continue to ignore the LoI trolling, en masse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Oh and what happened to ONYD, I was too busy watch the US Election ?
    If by franchising you mean starting completely new clubs, then that just isn't going to work. Restructuring and running the whole show properly is what is needed.

ONYD was banned for calling Man U "manure" while the mods continue to ignore the LoI trolling, en masse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

And UCDD'll be joining them, leaving Shams to carry the flag of financial prudence in the premier. Who would have predicted that five years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Youll get exactly as much sympathy from me as Bohs fans gave SRFC throughout their troubles, e.g. none. A pox on all your houses.

Stay classy.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

vulture_in_uk_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

no sympathy from me to the small club from Phibsboro, you saw what happened to your illustrious neighbours Shels and you's f**ked it up so you deserve every bit of sh!t you get. i do feel sorry for the genuine bohs fans who are going to feel the pain from the actions of the wreckless incompetents running their club but i am truly delighted for the c*nts who danced on Shels' grave, each and every single one of you deserve it so enjoy it.

Pats up next.

yeah exactly, please can we have more Kildare Countys and Sporting Fingals to save irish football from the doldrums.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I understand this relates to the sale of Dalymount but for the uninformed, what exactly have Bohs done wrong here and why are they in such trouble? Couldn't find much background info about it.

I understand this relates to the sale of Dalymount but for the uninformed, what exactly have Bohs done wrong here and why are they in such trouble? Couldn't find much background info about it.
    read a few posts back in this thread, I gave a synopsis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

from the leagues point of view all they'll have done MAYBE is breach the 65% wage cap. There's the possibility they'll go into administration for which there's a precedent of a 10 point deduction for this been set by Cork and Drogheda this season.

From an in-house point of view, they've lost the court case today, the sale of Dalymount to Carroll is on hold as Albion have a claim to a part of Dalymount which Bohs originally agreed to sell to them. This could mean Carroll wants out of it altogether which means the move to Harristown to the Carroll built stadium will be in the bin obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

BOHEMIANS suffered a major blow in their bid to complete the €60million sale of Dalymount Park today as a court case in Dublin went against the League of Ireland side.

Bohs have been in dispute with property company Albion for some time over the collapse of their 2001 deal to sell part of the Dalymount side to Albion. Bohs subsequently agreed a deal with Liam Carroll's property group Danninger to earn €60million for the sale of Dalymount and the building of a new stadium in Harristown.

But that deal has now been thrown into doubt when the judge found against Bohs in the matter and ruled that Albion were still entitled to the section of Dalymount they purchased in 2003.

"We are disappointed. We followed the advice of our legal team all the way through, we felt we had a strong case. Now we have to talk to our legal team and see what our next step is," Bohs secretary Gerry Conway said when the decision was announced after noon earlier today.

It remains to be seen of the plan to sell Dalymount Park to developer Liam Carroll in exchange for €40million cash and the building of a new, 10,000 seater stadium near Dublin Airport can go through, as the judge today effectively ruled that Albion still own the section of Dalymount which they purchased.

"We have an agreement in place with Liam Carroll and a contract signed but that deal may now need amendments. We need to talk to Liam and see what his feeling is on the verdict," added Conway.

Bohs began talks with Albion as part of the company's plans to develop the Phibsboro Shopping Centre site, which Albion own. After two years of talks, a deal was agreed whereby Bohs would sell part of the ground behind the goal at the Tramway End to Albion, in exchange for a cash payment and the building by Albion of corporate boxes for Bohs.

Albion agreed to paid Bohs an initial deposit of €100,000 and by 2003, it was claimed in court today, Albion chairman Pascal Conroy claimed publicly that "the deal is done".

Albion made regular payments to Bohs over the following months and years, money which Bohs - by now racking up massive debts due to the cost of their full-time squad - needed to stay afloat.

But disputes arose over the exact location of Albion's side and the deal began to unravel when it was suggested that, instead of building the corporate boxes for Bohs behind the goal, that Albion would pay Bohs compensation of €750,000 as a buy-out clause for not building the corporate boxes.

Over time relations between the parties grew more tense at by 2006 Bohs had sent Albion a cheque for €1.05million, to cover the amount that Albion had paid to Bohs since the deal was initiated, but the money was not accepted by Albion and they returned the cheque as they wanted to keep their deal in place and retain their land.

The matter ended up before the courts when Bohs agreed that deal, in 2006, with Danninger to sell Dalymount lock, stock and barrel and move to the new stadium in Harristown, but that deal has been blocked by Albion's court bid to have it recognised in court that the still owned part of the Dalymount site.

Now it's back to the drawing board for Bohs to see if they can somehow buy Albion out of their part of the land or somehow accommodate them in the overall deal to sell the ground and move to Harristown.Either way, it's a big blow to Bohs and their ambitions to have a successful, full-time team playing in a spanking new 10,000 seater stadium in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Who will support your new clubs?

The barstool brigade won't, the day trip brigade won't and the current LoI supporters won't support a franchise.

How will these new clubs sustain themselves?

Nobody would sponsor a league with no fans.

Not to mention referring to Spurs as Spuds. A deeply hurtful and offensive pseudonym.

;)

On topic LOI is a joke. Used to be an avid fan going to all Pats games but how can you take it seriously? The suggestion of disbandment may be somewhat drastic but something radical needs to change. Its easy to have a go at barstoolers or whatever you want to label people but at the end of the day if you in Dublin and you decide to start supporting a LOI team now who do you pick? Shels? Rovers? Pats? Bohs? none of them would make you proud to be a supporter now would they?

Babybing wrote: »
    On topic LOI is a joke.

Agreed
    if you in Dublin and you decide to start supporting a LOI team now who do you pick? Shels? Rovers? Pats? Bohs? none of them would make you proud to be a supporter now would they?

I am immensely proud to call myself a Shelbourne supporter, thanks.

:)

nd you decide to start supporting a LOI team now who do you pick? Shels? Rovers? Pats? Bohs? none of them would make you proud to be a supporter now would they?

Don't know about you, but it makes me proud.

edit: quick on the draw, des. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Not to mention referring to Spurs as Spuds. A deeply hurtful and offensive pseudonym.

;)
    :D

On topic LOI is a joke. Used to be an avid fan going to all Pats games but how can you take it seriously? The suggestion of disbandment may be somewhat drastic but something radical needs to change.
    A complete disaster of a season for the league as a whole. Hopefully this season will be a turning point, and clubs will get their act together.

Its easy to have a go at barstoolers or whatever you want to label people but at the end of the day if you in Dublin and you decide to start supporting a LOI team now who do you pick? Shels? Rovers? Pats? Bohs? none of them would make you proud to be a supporter now would they?
    Move to Cork ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Agreed

I am immensely proud to call myself a Shelbourne supporter, thanks.

:)

Thats fair enough Des, perhaps I could've worded myself better.

What I am getting at is the debate about attracting new fans and getting people interested. If your coming to the LOI now none of those clubs are a particularly great choice to nail your support too. Major change is needed....admittedly Im at a loss to describe what that change could entail:confused:

Pure Cork wrote: »
    A complete disaster of a season for the league as a whole. Hopefully this season will be a turning point, and clubs will get their act together.
    L O L

• Advertisement
Advertisement