Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citeh - Spurs

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

We could seriously do with 3 points here on Sunday, however (always the cautious one) I'm predicting a score draw.

Hopefully we'll have King back along with the return of Corluka. I'm expecting Pavluchenko to start on the bench.

What do you think lads ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

A game that we ought to be confident about. Our record at their place is very good and we threw it away last season. City aren't a bad side but do tend to rely on one man a lot. If Spurs go into the match as confident as last night, start passing the ball around again then I will be optimistic.

What price a late goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, this is a tricky one to call. City are decent at home, though we do have a good record at their place and our form is better than theirs. They were crap against Bolton, but that was away so who knows?

Despite our flying form I don't want to get too optimistic about this one. I'd be very happy with a draw, delighted with a win, but wouldn't be too upset if we lost it either. After 7 points from 9 ( 4 of those from top 4 teams) I think one bad result is acceptable :pac:

If we get 7 points from every 12 for the rest of the season, we'll be sitting comfortably in mid-table.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think it's time to start bent and pav up front together, we need goals we need the points,why not give it a go, you could still play modric behind them where he is doing so well recently....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

definetly goals to be had...
    i'll go for 3-3.:D
    and no slagging when it's actually 0-1:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

is the game on TV or will i have to stream the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

its on in the cockoos nest in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

theduffer wrote: »
    is the game on TV or will i have to stream the game?
    I cant see the game on any TV schedule:(it looks like streaming again for us....

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Just looking at the league table standings this evening, we could climb as high as 15th with a win tomorrow.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Great result. Bent in flying form, also maybe BAE's red may be a blessing in disguise for our next match??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Couldn't understand BAE's red.....the replay showed he got the ball. Maybe yellow for being careless (mind you, if Mark Hughes was being objective with his comments about the weather, then that writes that off).

Don't think I'd argue with the Man C reds.....one was a straightforward 2 deserved yellows, and Dunne should have known better than to push (less obvious in the first viewing but blatant enough from the reply at the other angle - well spotted ref!)

Good to see them playing good football AND winning......especially in those conditions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This run just gets better and better. I can't believe that we've finally put a series of results together - 4 wins and a draw in 5 matches!! The most I expected from yesterday was a draw and I was chuffed to hear how we played and that Bent got two. He's the joint-third highest scorer in the league at the moment and I'm delighted for him as he has always worked hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We really seem to be Churning out the Results, We have 4 games coming up that we could get three wins out of that. The heart lifting thing is that I don't think we're firing on all barrells yet, Couple of clever signings in Jan and a Decent League position/possibly a cup run we can chalk this season down to experience/teething and really have a decent go at next year for a top 5.

I'd love to see a Great kepper come along with a DMF and Striker although if bent keeps this up maybe just cover for him or Modric would do us.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

If we need anything it's a CB, a DM, and a LW, same as what Jol asked for 15 months ago. I was most heartened by hudd's game, keown called it the QB role on MOTD2 - a new position. Modric was fantastic, really a bundle of energy. I've been really impressed with Gunther when I've seen him. It's almost like they went from pre-season to the bolton game and the nightmare in between was just that- a bad dream. We'll never know the full truth, but it could be that the Berbatov situation unsettled the dressing room more than was realised. Ramos is still probably a good manager, but he had to go. I'm dissapointed that we didn't keep Poyet, but maybe too much had gone on for his position to be tenable. remember, failing at WHL is not the end of a career- just look at (the much maligned Gross) at basle.

Advertisement