Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biz soliciting policies

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

There's a glaring inconsistency of policies between the Web Design & Dev forum and a few other forums, mainly Marketing but also Photography on the odd occasion and possibly other forums. Touting for work in WD&D will get you a slap on the wrist, removal of post and an instruction to take it to adverts or more. Compare to this thread in Marketing http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055370339, amongst others, where it's a free for all.

Can we get the policies to match each other better.

cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was going to try defend it based on different forums having different rules but the link you provided is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

At this rate the government should put work up for tender on Boards. We might get a decent transport system built on the cheap.

Thread seems to be gone a little off the wall with people looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Well to be fair, that thread was never reported, not once.
    it is now.

In all fairness, why was it allowed to last this long anyway? reported or not, thats a side issue...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Its all well and good bringing this to feedback to have a rant, but if you don't bring it to the Mods attention by reporting it then not a lot can be done.

90% of all my Infractions/bans given in the Biz section are from stuff i spot myself.
    Reporting a post alerts the Moderator of a particular forum so do so and breaches will then be seen to.

Without reading the link provided, I don't think the OP was complaining that the thread was allowed to live, just rather that in one forum a thread exists and was allowed (to that point at least) that is similar to a thread he started on a different forum for which he was warned etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Its all well and good bringing this to feedback to have a rant, but if you don't bring it to the Mods attention by reporting it then not a lot can be done.

90% of all my Infractions/bans given in the Biz section are from stuff i spot myself.
    Reporting a post alerts the Moderator of a particular forum so do so and breaches will then be seen to.

Eh, hardly a rant now considering I didn't even feel strongly enough to report it as a complaint in the first place and have little interest in getting people banned or infracted over it. (It's also a multiple forums issue so I reckon it makes more sense to post here in a single place as opposed to reporting to various mods across various forums) I don't even regard it as a breach, merely an inconsistency in a policy which I think should be consistent on a site-wide basis. I.e. if you want offer work or offer to do work you should use adverts - that's what it's there for, innit?
    5starpool wrote: »
    Without reading the link provided, I don't think the OP was complaining that the thread was allowed to live, just rather that in one forum a thread exists and was allowed (to that point at least) that is similar to a thread he started on a different forum for which he was warned etc.

Thanks Dom, but I didn't even start such a thread so unfortunately I've no bad beat to get bitter about.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

tricky D wrote: »
    Thanks Dom, but I didn't even start such a thread so unfortunately I've no bad beat to get bitter about.

Thought given your former line of work it may have been you, but anyways, carry on etc :)

Advertisement