Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To rinse or not to rinse..chicken

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

bonkey wrote: »
    Hmmm...

Seems some people's emotions run quite highly here about just how moronic it apparently is to put running water near uncooked poultry.
    No they aren't. Not a single post against rinsing chicken as argued that it's bad to put running water near uncooked poultry.
    axer wrote: »
    how do you know that the chicken breast was not dropped onto the floor before packaging?

I don't give a **** whether it's been dropped on the floor before packaging. If there is stuff on it that needs to be cleaned off in such a way I can see it.

Are you just trolling or are you seriously pondering this. In the latter case, would it lead you to die of starvation if I said
    how do you know no terrorists put anthrax in it before packaging
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Talliesin wrote: »
    I don't give a **** whether it's been dropped on the floor before packaging. If there is stuff on it that needs to be cleaned off in such a way I can see it.

Are you just trolling or are you seriously pondering this. In the latter case, would it lead you to die of starvation if I said
    how do you know no terrorists put anthrax in it before packaging
    ?
    No, it is a geniune question and a valid question. The odds of antrax being put onto the chicken breast are extremely high compared to the odds of the chicken dropping onto the floor in the factory and being put into packaging.

I find that the chicken breasts have a sort of greasy feel to them when they come and I have tried cooking them without washing them and they had a taste to them.

If I wash a chicken breast I do so in a small bit of running water so it doesnt splash and I always wash down the sink and everything that the raw chicken touches after.

Advertisement