Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero is out! But no guitars?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

I was lookin to get GHWT and a guitar, not the band kit, so was happy enough that it was coming out today.

Rang around a few Gamestops and Smyths and they said the game is in, but the guitars aren't out till next week? Wtf?

What the hell is the point in buying the game on its own with no instruments at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, I heard they had 'Shipping' problems with the guitars..What ever that means!!!

The band kit is delayed too i think!

EDIT: Buy Rock Band 2 in 2 weeks instead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Prob gonna buy that as well, but get the GH guitar because its better (so I hear, RB1 guitar was awful anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game is out today, game+instruments packs out next week.

Bear in mind that if you want the game and instruments, you should wait a week.
    You can't buy the instruments on their own.

Mr E wrote: »
    Game is out today, game+instruments packs out next week.

Bear in mind that if you want the game and instruments, you should wait a week.
    You can't buy the instruments on their own.
    Game+Guitar was supposed to be out today. Full kit next week.

Also, whats the point in releasing the game on its own if you can't buy the instruments seperatly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Jim wrote: »
    Game+Guitar was supposed to be out today. Full kit next week.

Also, whats the point in releasing the game on its own if you can't buy the instruments seperatly?

For people who already have guitar hero guitars or rock band instruments,doesnt make a lot of sense to me either! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Can the rock band kit be used with GHWT?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm guessing that the vast bulk of people who are going to buy this in the first week already have every other version of the game and instruments that you can get.

Surely it's cheaper without the instruments?

The old GH guitars don't have full functionality with the game, so you'll need a new guitar anyway. (Not sure about the RB ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Jim wrote: »
    The old GH guitars don't have full functionality with the game, so you'll need a new guitar anyway. (Not sure about the RB ones).

YOu don't need to get a new guitar,the old ones work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

YOu don't need to get a new guitar,the old ones work fine.

You need it for certain functions. Like the slider on the fret buttons to bend the strings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You need it for certain functions. Like the slider on the fret buttons to bend the strings.

They are just gimmicks, you can play those parts with the old guitars, as long as you hit the notes it doesnt make any difference to you scores (I hope).

It's absolutley great by the way. Loving it.

They are just gimmicks, you can play those parts with the old guitars, as long as you hit the notes it doesnt make any difference to you scores (I hope).

Exactly,it's just a gimmick like the solo buttons in rock band.
    They don't improve your score and they are completely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Better than Rock Band?

Exactly,it's just a gimmick like the solo buttons in rock band.
    They don't improve your score and they are completely optional.

ORLY?! :D
    Thanks guys, you've just saved me the extra beans so! :)

My GH3 guitar is driving me nuts with its loose neck - every now and again it comes a few centimeters away from the base, and the buttons stop working.

The new guitars from GHWT are redesigned so that the 2 pieces fit snug together and never come loose. Along with my dodgy EL rockband drums, thats why I'm getting the full GHWT band set next Friday.

ORLY?! :D
    Thanks guys, you've just saved me the extra beans so! :)

If you don't have the touch strip the solos that use it can just be hit like regular hammer-ons/pull-offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

I saw guitar and game boxes in HMV on grafton st. today. Although they could just be for display.

Does anyone know the definite price of the WT band kit? I hear a new price everywhere I go.

At least I know it's between 180 and 250 euro...

Now playing: Fleet Foxes - Sun it Rises
    via FoxyTunes

200 in Gamestop, 190 in HMV.
    Might be 180 in Smyths with 10% loyalty discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Picked up the Guitar and game pack in Smyths, Limerick today. Was told they were outta the game on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Right probably been asked loads of times but I really need to know. If I buy GH:WT with full intruments will it work with Rock Band 1 & 2? Planning on getting GH:WT with instruments when it comes out but I am planning on getting Rock Band 1 & 2 with no instruments off Santa. Cheers for any help

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Right probably been asked loads of times but I really need to know. If I buy GH:WT with full intruments will it work with Rock Band 1 & 2? Planning on getting GH:WT with instruments when it comes out but I am planning on getting Rock Band 1 & 2 with no instruments off Santa. Cheers for any help

Yes it should. The dispute is over between the two companies now. And a patch was issued out for the 360 version since.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Picked up the Guitar and game pack in Smyths, Limerick today. Was told they were outta the game on its own.
    Whats the verdict?

I was looking around for the standalone game in the local tesco and xtravision (wasn't f*cked going into town), to no joy.

Will have a look on Monday when i go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Yes it should. The dispute is over between the two companies now. And a patch was issued out for the 360 version since.

Does that work vice versa too? I have Rock Band instruments and went to get GH:WT today. In the shop I was reading the song list on the back of the box when I noticed in the small print it said something about only working with Activision instruments. :confused:

KBarry wrote: »
    Does that work vice versa too? I have Rock Band instruments and went to get GH:WT today. In the shop I was reading the song list on the back of the box when I noticed in the small print it said something about only working with Activision instruments. :confused:

Not sure if it works for vice versa. I haven't bought any Rock Band instruments.
    Anyone?

Yes it works with rock band instruments it was already asked on the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

jackncoke wrote: »
    Whats the verdict?

Not bad, I like the new guitar, the solo buttons are crap and akward to use but overall I'm happy. The guitar is a nice bit bigger and has a dedicated button for starpower beside the strum. No more trying to tilt while sitting down. The game itself is as to be expected l, few tweeks and rehashed menus. The track list is ok but GH3 has better selection overall.

Well worth it tho! The only thing that annoys me is having to play a full gig in career before you can select individual songs!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Anyone know if they're going to sell the drum kit and microphones seperate?

I already have two GH3 guitars so I just need the game / microphone / drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Did anyone manage to link their accounts from xbox live to guitarhero.com? It's not letting me do it of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

For somebody crazy enough and with some dope - I give you deluxe version of guitar: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/all/devices/5048&cl=gb,en

Advertisement