Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero is out! But no guitars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

is the band kit out tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

fatgav wrote: »
    is the band kit out tomorrow?
    Yea, its out tomorrow AFAIK.
    Hopefully anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gotta say, not impressed with this. A lot of the songs on it should really rename it
    Guitar Hero: I'm 15 years old again and still pissed off with my parents!

Roll on Rock Band II, because this is utter dross! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Gotta say, not impressed with this. A lot of the songs on it should really rename it
    Guitar Hero: I'm 15 years old again and still pissed off with my parents!

Roll on Rock Band II, because this is utter dross! :(

Kind of agree with ya there, there are some great ones on it, Beat It being my favourite, but the majority of it feels like filler...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

Anybody got their band kit already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Yeah, got one in Smyths this morning.

The drums are great craic. Very easy on 'easy' though - i got 98% on my first go at Beat It. The new guitar feels alot nicer then GHIII and the slider bar is a great idea.

Personally, i like the setlist. There's alot of good band songs... as well as songs aimed at the individual instruments / singing.

The only thing i will say - GH are taking the piss with the price of DLC. Double the price of Rockband DLC and a good bit off the dollar equiv. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Just picked it up there in Smyths,i'll report back in about 6 hours hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just got the band pack (with some amusing looks and some public comments on the trip back)

Guitar broken out of the box, blue button not working

Liking the game so far - not to sounds like a prick :rolleyes: but as a fan since GH1 and with many hours behind me, I usually start expert. They seem, so far to have ignored the biggest problem GH3 had of inserting unnecessary or non-existent notes. May be too soon to tell however....

Excellently paced career so far and loving the drums! Just had a mess around in recording mode and it was great fun!

Oh, and poxy guitar.... Bad form, was looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

I got a bogey set of drums... after about 20 songs the red pad stopped responding. If you put ur hand on it and pushed it - it would work but otherwise was non-responsive. Seems to be a common enough problem.

Smyths exhanged it no problems when i went in.

Drum kit is pretty much all i'm missing now. Have my (manually fixed) Xplorer used as a bass, my (manually fixed) Wireless Les Paul from GH3 as a guitar and my mic from Get On Da Mic, which works grand now.

I aint going nowhere near a drumkit until they build one that actually won't break within minutes out of the box! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Drums arent very responsive, shame really since that probably cuts a few months working time from them with the extra pressure

efla wrote: »
    Drums arent very responsive, shame really since that probably cuts a few months working time from them with the extra pressure

Here's hoping the Rock Band 2 drums are better. Although i know someone across the states (who i actually played RB1 with) and her drums lasted about 3 weeks before they caved in on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Here's hoping the Rock Band 2 drums are better. Although i know someone across the states (who i actually played RB1 with) and her drums lasted about 3 weeks before they caved in on her.

the new RB2 drums caved in??

what difficulty does she play on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The rock band 2 drums are meant to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

My drums are workin fine! (touch wood)

The only thing I noticed is that you really have to wack the cymbals to register the loud hits (velocity sensitive)

Got it for the wii. The really annoying thing about the wii version is that you need a wiimote for each instrument. So annoyin, even for the mic and its not even connected to a controller!!:mad:
    Other than that its great!! Love it. Great song selection!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    the new RB2 drums caved in??

what difficulty does she play on??

She mastered hard on RB1, so i think she went straight onto expert for RB2

slayerking wrote: »
    Other than that its great!! Love it. Great song selection!

You honestly think so? I thought the first few gigs were full of angsty pissed off with parents songs. That said, the later gigs do have better tracks. But i think it's the weakest track selection out of all Guitar Hero games. I think Neversoft should pack it in after this and leave it to Harmonix, y'know, the ones who actually know what they're doing?

edit - accidental double post.

Advertisement