Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depreciation

• 07-11-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

I am putting together mgt accounts Jan - Oct and i am adjusting for depreciation. In the case for an assett purchased in April should i add a provision for Jan, Feb & March for the asset so that a full years depreciation hafor ths been allocated at the end of the year?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+1

And unless the depreciation charge is mega high, it probably wouldn't be material anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you put three months extra depreciation into my books you would be changing it pronto. In an audit situation you would charge a full year if they haven't done any accounts etc. In management accounts you will charge depreciation for a full month in the month of acquistion and nothing before this.

Advertisement