Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mad Scientist =! Terrorist

• 07-11-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

A group of students had their 'Mad Scientist' party brought to an abrupt end when police mistook them for terrorists.

The private party, held in Hackney, north London, was organised by a group of friends dressed in white laboratory coats and wigs, who put on a display of theatrical 'experiments' to entertain guests.

But when police entered the building for a routine check in the early hours of Sunday morning, they discovered scientific debris and plastic skeletons and mistook it for terrorist paraphernalia or drug-making equipment.

Caretaker of the property, Richard Watson, 29, was arrested under The Anti-Terrorism Act and questioned while the entire area was evacuated and roads cordoned off with police tape.

He said: 'I was handcuffed and put in the back of the police van for over an hour while the bomb squad and drugs team came down.

'There was a ridiculous amount of police there. Every time I looked out of the van I could see a new group of them swarming around.'

Three fire engines and three ambulances were also called to the scene as Mr Watson was searched and interrogated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1083265/Students-Weird-science-Halloween-party-arrested-anti-terror-laws.html

Edit: For people who don't RTFA, this happened in the UK if the DailyMail co.uk link did not give it away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

George Bush's legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sounds like a great party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Come January hopefully GWB will have time to finish The Pet Goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

'The expo teams deal with bomb threats and explosives but the scene was later declared non-suspicious and the case was handed over to Tower Hamlets our neighbouring borough.'

Handed over what case? There's not even a case, it's just a cock up. I hate people sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

biko wrote: »
    Come January hopefully GWB will have time to finish The Pet Goat

I believe its called "My Pet Goat". But it cant compare to his favourite nove "The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

lolcat4373106.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1083265/Students-Weird-science-Halloween-party-arrested-anti-terror-laws.html

Edit: For people who don't RTFA, this happened in the UK if the DailyMail co.uk link did not give it away

If you're a mad scientist and NOT considered a terrorist then you're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

I'm surprised they didnt keep them in prision for 40 days just to make sure.

I think I will put my "turban and fake gun" party on hold for a bit....

Advertisement