Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player Question

• 07-11-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi guys,

On some AVI files im getting no sound on WMP but perfect sound on VLC player,I tried to download all the right codec but still the same.

Anyway around this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Stick with VLC, there's no reason to use WMP when you have it.

But if you must, download the K-Lite Codec Pack here - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

If its not a simple codec problem as decribed above...

What version of VLC do you have and does this happen after you've launched a few instances of VLC (played a few different files)?

I had this problem a while back and it was related to more than one instance of vlc.exe (or whatever the exe was named) existing...I think there may be an option in the new version which only allows one instance.

Anyway the way I fixed it was to manually kill all the vlc processes in process explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

dont get klite codec pack! it full of crap youll never need. download avicodec or gspot and load the video into them. it will tell you what codec you need

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

If its not a simple codec problem as decribed above...

What version of VLC do you have and does this happen after you've launched a few instances of VLC (played a few different files)?

It's just some AVI files have no sound on WMP,most are ok,the majority are but a few I have to play with VLC.

Advertisement