Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Setting up Seo's on html notepad?

• 07-11-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have launched my website in the last couple of weeks and have learned so much. I have learned Html language and have somehow managed to create a very basic web page.
    I have even found out what SEO means and I also added my url with google so progress is slowly being made.
    I have a few questions

1: Where else should I register my URL. (Links would be great)

2: Can anyone give me a basic html formula for adding tags? and let me know where to insert it. Please bare in mind I am using notepad!

3: Can anyone give me any other sound basic advise on getting traffic in at this early stage.

Any feedback welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

1: Get yourself a signature on here for one
    2: link text = keywords you want to appear for
    3: Add to dmoz.org
    4: Add a sitemap (both xml and html)
    5: signup on webmaster tools ... yahoo / google / msn
    6: search for link directories for your target market.
    7: Its mostly about high ranking inbound links unfortuntely

be prepared to spend loads upon loads of time searching / tweaking / trying to figure things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njprrogers

From an SEO point of view there are several tags of importance for your html page itself. Forbairt has covered the initial external SEO stuff well...

<title>Make sure your keywords appear here</title>
    <h1>I'm a keyword, I live here!</h1>
    Internal Links - Put your keywords where relevant in your internal links i.e. your navigation.

Make sure your content is relevant and keywords appear throughout - this should happen naturally enough. You want your site to be readable first.

I would recommend the book "Building Findable Websites" by Aaron Walter if you wish to kick on with your SEO. It's a good practical guide.

Good luck, and fair play for getting stuck in... and do yourself a favour and download Notepad++... tis free and will be a lot less head wrecking than notepad.

Advertisement