Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA's Science & Technology Park at Oranmore

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is happenening at the Science & Technology Park at Oranmore. I have passed a few times and it looks a greenfield site with landscaping. Are there tenants lined up for this? I don't see too much on the web about it.
    I realise it's not the best time to be looking for international investment but I was wondering if there had been any movement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Far as I know they had a major medical type company lined up for this place but the company pulled out due to the poor quality of the water supply? This could be total bo11ox but its what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

I had heard something similar about a large medical device manufacturer in the Parkmore Ind Est. They had planning applied for but now looks like a no go. Looks like two locations competing for similar clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

is this the empty industrial park next to the army shooting range? was in there on sunday last, trying to learn how to wheelie - excellent facility :D well done IDA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The potential tenant and Galway Co Co denied that the Water was the problem despite a documentry saying it was the issue. The rumour was J&J were going in there. A lot of research was done on the site including could they dig down far enough to build a FAB for Intel. It is located right next to the Railway Line which is proposed to have a Station for the train and gluas. It will also be near the new N6 so would be good place to commute to from the East/South/North. The reality is large manufacturing companies are holding off on doing new buildings and are trying to secure what they have and utilise any existing free space they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

MaxFlower wrote: »
    I had heard something similar about a large medical device manufacturer in the Parkmore Ind Est. They had planning applied for but now looks like a no go. Looks like two locations competing for similar clients.

Was that Abbott, they were due to build a new facility in parkmore east and move from their two locations in town? not anymore, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

That was the name on the planning site notice alright. Doubt we will see them anytime soon now.

Advertisement