Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lingerie gift card for girlfreind in Galway

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Girlfriends birthday coming up and Im planning on getting her a gift card for lingerie,

thing is Im not sure where to get her one for,
    and to what value is required.

So any recommendation about shops in Galway that would cater to a girl in her early 20's,
    and what would be a good price range, about €250 being the max.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

could this maybe movedot the galway forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

Debenhams do a lingerie gift card. I have a partial interest here in that I run a gift card website www.giftcardshop.ie. Debenhams cards can be bought on the site among others.

I can't think offhand of any specific Galway retailers selling lingerie gift cards although Sasha sell gift cards but I don't know what their lingerie offer is like if any.

Rgds...Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Okay after some research Im considering getting her an online gift card,

websites Ive come across are la senza and figleaves,

any one have any other recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sorry, only saw you're request to move it now. Sending to Galway Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

250 and ya sorted for a while bud. My lack wear a skirt and i blow lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Bought stuff from figleaves before (including gift cards) and they were a big hit, stuff can be sent back etc and girlfriends says they have great range

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try Petticoat Lady on Cross Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cohanlon

Go for Elegant Undies downstairs in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. Not sure if they do gift cards (altho I am sure they do) but they have a great selection of good quality lingerie (Calvin Klein, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Debenhams have the nicest range i think, plus a great selection of sizes, prices and styles...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

cohanlon wrote: »
    Go for Elegant Undies downstairs in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. Not sure if they do gift cards (altho I am sure they do) but they have a great selection of good quality lingerie (Calvin Klein, etc)

I've been told from a reliable source that that shop is sh1te and sizes are way too big in general for a decent fit biddie - We're not in the US ffs, size 8 means size 8, not size 8 + a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

DONT give her a gift card, thats something you give to a work colleague or family member.

Go yourself and buy the lingerie that she will like ( and you too) she will be chuffed and hopefully youll get a show there and then!

She will be delighted that you had the balls to go pick out nice gear in her size.Very noughties man.Forgive the pun!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

kinetic wrote: »
    DONT give her a gift card, thats something you give to a work colleague or family member.

Go yourself and buy the lingerie that she will like ( and you too) she will be chuffed and hopefully youll get a show there and then!

She will be delighted that you had the balls to go pick out nice gear in her size.Very noughties man.Forgive the pun!

quality idea. ya might get a few looks in the shop but think of the brownie points. nice :cool:

conbob wrote: »
    quality idea. ya might get a few looks in the shop but think of the brownie points. nice :cool:

Go striaght up to a staff member, explain the situation (They'll be glad to help)... ye won't look weird then. Plus if the staff member is hot you get to to knicker shipping with her. WIN WIN :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 unregistered1

okay I dont even like shopping for myself because I get overly concerned about price and what other shops are selling,
    that what happens when you study economics, everything becomes marginal.

So Ive reached a compromise,
    Ill buy her stuff online!

Just need to check some of the stuff she has and ill know her size right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

okay I dont even like shopping for myself because I get overly concerned about price and what other shops are selling,
    that what happens when you study economics, everything becomes marginal.

So Ive reached a compromise,
    Ill buy her stuff online!

Just need to check some of the stuff she has and ill know her size right?

I hate to tell you this, but sizings aren't universal. Size X in one brand is not quite the same as size X in another brand. And then there's the matter of shape: brands may have the same cup-size, but different cuts so suit different people.

I'd strongly recommend vouchers for things that are more difficult to return, unless you'e buying exactly the same brand and style that she has already (and that wouldn't seem like much of a present, to me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

There used to be a lingerie shop in Liverpool in the nineties which had underwear models.....you picked out some saucies and a woman would try them on so you could see what they looked like!

Very popular place at the time, especially with old men in anoraks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 unregistered1

So im gonna assume their is some hope,

im looking at fig leaves and sizing seem pretty straight forward.

Is their anything else i should be aware of?

Thanks for your help so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GalwayLassy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I've been told from a reliable source that that shop is sh1te and sizes are way too big in general for a decent fit biddie - We're not in the US ffs, size 8 means size 8, not size 8 + a bit!

i really think you dont know what you're talking about, Elegant Undies is by far the best lingerie shop in Galway city and county. My friends and I shop there all the time and we've always found the staff to be efficient and extemely friendly.. They def know all about sizes!

i really think you dont know what you're talking about, Elegant Undies is by far the best lingerie shop in Galway city and county. My friends and I shop there all the time and we've always found the staff to be efficient and extemely friendly.. They def know all about sizes!

And how long have you been working in the shop? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Calm down dear. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think we'll end the score 1-1 for Elegant Undies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement