Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is TV essenetial when Renting out a house?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have a house I'm renting out. I would have thought you would have to provide a television but someone told me it's up to the tenant to decide if it wants one? Is this true? Would it make too much difference to the price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If you provide one you could end up lumped with a TV license in your name.
    It's up to the tenant to pay it, as i understand it, but when they leave the TV license people will have your name on file and keep hounding you,

I'd leave it without a TV, and let the tenants deal with it. just remember to make sure they don't put an NTL bill in your name or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The problem with providing a lot of applicances is that if one breaks, you have to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

I've been renting for a lot of years and never once
    has a tv been supplied. Kitchen stuff yes, but i would never expect a tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

And do you think it would make any difference to the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Glacier wrote: »
    e it's up to the tenant to decide if it wants one??

tenants are people to you know!

but seriously, no need for a tv, more hassle than its worth
    and most tenants will have their own and then want you to store it somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Likewise, never had a tv supplied in any rented acc.

Advertisement