Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Price Increases - Let Digiweb Know Your Thoughts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

zoro wrote: »
    I'm on the three-rock mast too
    When did it start gettin bad for you? Mine has been cr@p for about 3months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Ah now, its quite a bit more than 3 months. But it has been noticeably bad for the past few months alright.
    In the morning, and late at night its a dream - but as soon as 3 or 4pm hits it gets bad. By 8pm you may as well just go have a cup of tea while you wait for stuff to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I must be on a different mast cause i'm more or less getting what i'm paying for
    362527343.png

I actually couldnt care for the speed increase thou, gimme a higher cap instead

Jozi: Re-run that test this evening would you? At 6, 7 and 8pm
    I'd love to see how it copes as the evening goes on

Ah now, its quite a bit more than 3 months. But it has been noticeably bad for the past few months alright.
    In the morning, and late at night its a dream - but as soon as 3 or 4pm hits it gets bad. By 8pm you may as well just go have a cup of tea while you wait for stuff to happen
    Yeah mine starts going downhill from lunchtime til about 2am:mad:
    I rang them and was told some cr@p like always.I really like the fact that i pay for up to 8meg and get up to 1meg at night and they find this acceptable as contention.I wouldn't mind if it dropped to about 4.5-5meg at night as this would give me some hope of gaming.
    If i get those speeds on 8meg i'd love to see what i'd get if i downgraded to 3meg;).

• Advertisement

I've been tempted to downgrade my connection lately actually, given that the contention problems are just oh so bad, but the terrible caps in place mean that its not an option.

So for that reason alone, it makes sense for them to leave the caps where they are - I wonder am I the only one that would consider a downgrade if the caps were increased. Surely there are more unhappy Digiweb Metro subscribers around ...

Here's a few from recently:
    352021689.png
    I'll do a few more later if I remember.

EDIT: the downgrade is 5mb? I could manage just fine with 5 if there was a higher cap to go with it.

How do i know which mast im on?

jozi wrote: »
    How do i know which mast im on?

Ring them - 1890 940 405 - Press 2 for tech support, then give the tech on the phone your WIR code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

This is what I'm getting.... on supposedly a 8mb/1mb connection!

362543020.png

This is a joke!

I just can't understand this... a month ago I always had the stated rates!

:confused:

pencil wrote: »
    This is what I'm getting.... on supposedly a 8mb/1mb connection!

You pay for up to 8mb/1mb. Not for a dedicated line.
    That's the bit that catches everyone out

• Advertisement

You pay for up to 8mb/1mb. Not for a dedicated line.
    That's the bit that catches everyone out

I hear you BUT there is a big different between 3000kb/s & 8000kb/s. Look at my upload speed... I need this more than download (for FTP).

Plus one month ago I was getting the advertised speeds 6000kbps down & 500kbps up.

pencil wrote: »
    I hear you BUT there is a big different between 3000kb/s & 8000kb/s. Look at my upload speed... I need this more than download (for FTP).

Plus one month ago I was getting the advertised speeds 6000kbps down & 500kbps up.

Again, its UP to the advertised speed. Its great that you used to be able to get them at all times, but its not the norm.

I don't like it either, but its how ISPs make money

362662376.png
    I'll do another in an hr if I'm still at the pc, didn't call to find out what mast I'm on.

My flat mate just got home or there's a little extra traffic
    362709999.png
    I ran the test 3x and this was the lowest result.

You want a few more zoro? It's pretty stable with these speeds

Yeah that'll do I suppose :(
    Find out what mast you're on though - and I really hope you don't say 3 rock

He wasn't to reluctant about telling me which mast I'm on, it's a Dublin one he said. When asked was it the 3 rock one he was a little hesitant to say yes.

Sorry Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

If anyone in digiweb is reading this.

I have canceled my subscription today due to your LAME rolling 30g cap.

gsxr1 wrote: »

Congrats to you,If i could i would do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Why don't Digiweb care Boards.ie is very vocal especially on internet usage. Most people I know would ask me to recommend a broadband provider to them nearly always it would of been Digiweb.
    As far as I am concerned they are now bottom of the list word of mouth will spread quickly mark my words DIGIWEB

jozi wrote: »
    He wasn't to reluctant about telling me which mast I'm on, it's a Dublin one he said. When asked was it the 3 rock one he was a little hesitant to say yes.

Sorry Z.

Interestingly enough, I had some downtime last Saturday evening (which I didn't ring up to find out about - it doesn't happen very often after all)
    Last night at about 10pm I noticed that I was getting suspiciously fast speeds. I wonder if they've done anything to improve their contention issues on the 3 rock mast ... I'll have a poke tonight to see if its good or not
    Psygnosis wrote:
    As far as I am concerned they are now bottom of the list word of mouth will spread quickly mark my words DIGIWEB
    They used to be the only one I'd recommend - but I haven't done so in quite a while.

• Advertisement

Interestingly enough, I had some downtime last Saturday evening (which I didn't ring up to find out about - it doesn't happen very often after all)
    Last night at about 10pm I noticed that I was getting suspiciously fast speeds. I wonder if they've done anything to improve their contention issues on the 3 rock mast ... I'll have a poke tonight to see if its good or not

They used to be the only one I'd recommend - but I haven't done so in quite a while.

I was down too but i have seen absolutely no improvement since then.Last night may have just been a fluke i'd say Zoro(i hope i'm wrong).Does your upload go to pot also at night?
    As for recommending them....I cant think of anybody i hate enough to wish it on them.

http://speedtest.digiweb.ie/ Last Result:
    Download Speed: 64 kbps (8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 36 kbps (4.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 1294 ms

Only 17GB used! Supposedly on 8mb/1mb Metro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Haven't seen any speed increases either.

Still on 630 KB/60Kb max = 6M/512 package

Doesn't matter anyway, but sure looks like speed increase has not been implemented. Galway, Mervue mast here.

Close to be an ex-Digiweb customer anyway, I'd expect no more than 3 weeks left...

It was you, zoro, who recommended digiweb!

I haven't noticed any downtime ever, not that I remember anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

pencil: there's obviously a problem with your connection. Contact support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Moriarty wrote: »
    pencil: there's obviously a problem with your connection. Contact support.

there's obviously a problem with your connection. Get a different ISP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Yeah, I can see how that's the logical thing to do alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well you can try to ring support before cancelling but first bypass your modem so they won't use that as an excuse although you could probably just tell them you tried that.

Personally I think it is probably easier to switch ISP than get the ISP to fix a problem with your connection if your a residential customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

What are Digiweb at?? I regarded Digiweb as one of the best ISPs out there in regard of support and service! But now they have gone and blowen a really good reputation by over charging...

I recieved that email on the 14th of Nov... and the small print says the price increase is from the 1st of Nov!! I have never seen a company backdate their forced price increase like that, it is bound to be illegal to not provide 30day notice due to contractual blah blah...

My "6MBit" connection rarly hit a 4.5Mbit sec, even at 5am on a Monday night! and now the service is slower again and they want another €5 per month!

The last time they wanted more money off me they offered to move me from the initial 1MB package to the 3MB package.... this time they are taking more money but not even improving the service... I had better value for money when I was on the 1mb package at €25/month 2 years ago.

At least this time they should of doubled the cap (at least) if they couldnt provide a faster connection... And there is another sore point... Its not fair to be given a traffic allowance cap for uploads and downloads. An upload cap will be mpore reasonable for example. And any other ISP that I have heard of will notify you that you have exceeded you cap , so many months in a row before they consifer throttling the bandwidth...

This has me so annoyed that I sent and email requesting justification for the price increase, and told them smart is offering a better package. I didnt get an email back until almost 3 weeks later and this is all they could say:
    "I can confirm that the attached speeds are within the contention ratio for the package you are on . The speeds tests show speeds well over 4Mbits/sec. and even over 5Mbits/sec"

I know i am paying for an 8MB connection.... Im serioulsy considering moving to smart, as they dont have contention ratios or a traffic cap. :mad:

Everybody on this thread should email Digiweb managment, as I have already, in protest of this price increase.. They will have to do something..
    NOTE:: I know Digiweb are reading this as this site is hosted by Digiweb!![/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gsxr1 wrote: »

Thinking of doing the same myself tbh, there's been no internet usage in the house for a week bar booking of flights and my download has gone from 30Gb to 29.2 in 7 days!!! whippee!

Smart here I come!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement