Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Price Increases - Let Digiweb Know Your Thoughts!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Hi Folks,

What's the situation with ending your contract with these guys.

We've been with them several years, am I right to say we can cancel with a month's notice as opposed to waiting till the end of the year long contract?

We only ever signed an original year long contract several years ago.

Please let me know.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

blobert wrote: »
    We've been with them several years, am I right to say we can cancel with a month's notice?

You are indeed correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Well I cancelled digiweb and got ntl/upc installed today. Just went for the 10mb package as that was fast enough. I' don't normally put a lot of stock in speedtest websites from my days on helpdesk listening to customers who did not know how to use the properly complain their connection was not fast enough:) but I gave one ago and sure enough I was getting 8mb a sec. Not bad but to be sure I tried a file from heanet and it came down at 920kb a sec so it seems to be able to do the job alright. Fingers crossed it stays good.

Hands up how many of you posters did actually cancel and move as well? Otherwise Digiweb will have won I guess with the price hike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

bindybandy wrote: »
    Hands up how many of you posters did actually cancel and move as well? Otherwise Digiweb will have won I guess with the price hike.

I sent of 2 emails and a fax to tell em to cancel the other week. I must ring em on monday to make sure that they are canceling it.

I already have ntl in and i must say its the best move i have made for bb in a good long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Very, very close, now. I have cancelled my 10Gb extra allowance (that's billed per quarter, I wanted to be sure that I am not paying for a useless 2 months extra).

Moving to Airwire, waiting for a base station to be installed at a spot that I have Line of Sight to.

My speed will reduce, but my bandwidth will *GREATLY* improve.

With a bit of luck all before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'm waiting for UPC to setup in my area. They've replaced all the cables in the area so i assume is just a case of activating them whenever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Just cancelled by subscription - NTL has been working fine for the past two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

Unfortunately for me, I'm in Ranelagh, one of the few Dublin suburbs who AREN'T serviced by UPC. Even after all the bad light on Digiweb, it still beats paying for line rental+BB from Eircom/BT, but only slighty. I don't think I can get Smart in Ranelagh either. Basically I'm f**ked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Minimum DSL based Broadband is about €50 inc rental for 1Mbps?

Metro Home (picked due to Cap Size of 30Gbyte ) is just under €40 for 8M down, 1Mbps up. The Up is important as for security we use VPN at all public/college WiFi.

We typically coast at about 22Gbyte 30 day usage with 4 to 6 users. Originally when I got Metro it was 3Mbps and there was no DSL here. Even I applied for a line with DSL, it might not work or might not go as fast. I'd not get the upstream

Peak time speed test is arround the 7M down and 0.8M up. Latency is very good.

I blame eircom and Comreg for the price rises. The most expensive Line Rental in the World.

I'd prefer 4M/2M and 100G cap and €20 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

I have the Metro wireless at 34.95 20 gb allowance from Digiweb.
    I get the feeling they manipulate the cap when you download .I notice even small files 5 mb show a dramatic increase in traffic usage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

atkin, you've been warned once about dragging up old threads. Stop this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement