Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Newb Alert* Request information on setting up IVR.

Options
  • 07-11-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, okay where to start!

I was wondering how I'd go about setting up an IVR (I believe the term is). You know those "Please press one for x, press two for y....." scripts when calling companies.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

chin_grin wrote: »
    Hi, okay where to start!

I was wondering how I'd go about setting up an IVR (I believe the term is). You know those "Please press one for x, press two for y....." scripts when calling companies.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

What do you want to implement it on? It can be done with Asterisk, plenty of information on Google about how to go about it. A PBX should also be able to handle it although you might need extra hardware and I'm not really familiar with traditional PBXes so I won't be of much help there.

Someone else will probably be able to help you out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

If it's an Avaya platform PBX give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

IVR's, Auto Attendants and Voicemail routing can be done no bother once you have the hardware to do it. Avaya's are easy to set up but I found them unreliable. I use the Voicmail on the Toshiba Telephone systems. Can be complex to set up thats why we get about 4 weeks in house training to do this stuff.!!

Tell me, is it something you want to do on an existing system, a new system which you havent bought or a piece of kit you find off the internet!!!

Advertisement