Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Menswear

• 07-11-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Having been in the Tesco's in both New Ross and Wexford in the last few weeks I noticed that both of the stores have a full range of men's clothes (shirts, pants, jeans, jackets, shoes, etc.). I was just wondering why none of the Waterford Tesco's or the one out in Tramore bother? All I've ever seen in them is socks and underwear. Is it just that Waterford people don't want to wear Tesco brand clothing or is there some other reason?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

All the big tesco stores have that range, I'm sure once it takes off it will trickle down to smaller places like Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Which Tesco in Waterford? Id imagine Tesco Extra in Ardkeen would, but the others might not. The Tramore store is a lot smaller then the ones in town, so I suppose thats why there is less there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

no offence to our wexford cousins but they would not be on the cutting edge of the fashion world.

cant see fashion tv coming from the catwalks of milan....new york....paris... "ross below"...or....gorey

hence if they can pick up a pair of tesco slacks teamed with a ribbed pullover when they are getting their kerrygold and kerr pinks ..then happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

6th wrote: »
    All the big tesco stores have that range, I'm sure once it takes off it will trickle down to smaller places like Waterford.

Tesco Ardkeen is one of the biggest Tescos in the Country and IIRC Number 2 in Munster in terms of turnover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

6th wrote: »
    I think you're off the Xmas card list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

tesco poleberry is an embarrasment to the name tesco, have you ever tried to get some decent veg in there for a stir fry or a jar of sauce that you take for granted elsewhere - its more of a car park for the cinema than a supermarket if you ask me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

daftdave wrote: »
    tesco poleberry is an embarrasment to the name tesco, have you ever tried to get some decent veg in there for a stir fry or a jar of sauce that you take for granted elsewhere - its more of a car park for the cinema than a supermarket if you ask me.

They have plans to demolish and re-build, but it was delayed due to objections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

AFAIK tesco ardkeen have limitations according to their planning to restrict their sale of clothing items, somthing to do with next being there already. over time they intend to stock more clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

there are naked, blind, homeless people who wouldn't wear that stuff. scarecrows have been seen taking their tescos jeans off.
    fire refuses to burn it.
    its that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Sully wrote: »
    They have plans to demolish and re-build, but it was delayed due to objections.

they planned to rebuild it where the car park is now.

longshanks wrote: »
    there are naked, blind, homeless people who wouldn't wear that stuff. scarecrows have been seen taking their tescos jeans off.
    fire refuses to burn it.
    its that bad
    And Obama is white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

muffler wrote: »
    And Obama is white.

hi mother is white, he would be mixed race. neither of them (to the best of my knowledge) wear tesco jeans

longshanks wrote: »
    hi mother is white, he would be mixed race. neither of them (to the best of my knowledge) wear tesco jeans
    I dont think you understood what I was telling you.

You have an opinion on the topic which is fine but the exaggerated way in which you posted that comment is not fine.

Please refrain from using the less fortunate or people with disabilities as a means to exaggerate your dislike of a product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

AFAIK tesco ardkeen have limitations according to their planning to restrict their sale of clothing items, somthing to do with next being there already. over time they intend to stock more clothing.

That would make sense if not for the fact that they have always sold womens clothes and the lack of menswear is in all four shops in Waterford not just the one in Ardkeen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is from the horses mouth, There is a restriction on the size of the clothing section in Ardkeen, it is being looked into and should be sorted early next year.
    PS I have a waiting list for Tesco jeans!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

SUNGOD wrote: »
    no offence to our wexford cousins but they would not be on the cutting edge of the fashion world.

cant see fashion tv coming from the catwalks of milan....new york....paris... "ross below"...or....gorey

hence if they can pick up a pair of tesco slacks teamed with a ribbed pullover when they are getting their kerrygold and kerr pinks ..then happy days

:P and you think waterford is much better in the fashion departent *shudders dear lord*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

emo!! wrote: »
    :P and you think waterford is much better in the fashion departent *shudders dear lord*
    :D
    personally I wouldn't care less bout buying clothes in tesco, especially the way things are now it could be great way to save a few quid :)

Advertisement