Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Tattoo

Options
  • 07-11-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hi!

Just would like to get peoples advice/opinions on getting a ring tattoo. That is an intricate design of a ring on a finger. Been toying with the idea for AGES and I'm thinking something small enough so it can be covered by a 'normal' ring.

So, has anyone any insight? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The issue might be making the tattoo you want into a reality......depending on what you mean by intricate. I'm presuming you dont have freaky big shovel hands and sausage fingers so the tattoo is going to be small, and "fiddely" (for want of a better word) for the tattooist to do. As long as you've designed your tattoo in the size you want it you have a good shot of getting what you want, no point drawing up something A4 size then asking an artist to shrink it to finger size. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

chin_grin wrote: »
    Hi!

Just would like to get peoples advice/opinions on getting a ring tattoo. That is an intricate design of a ring on a finger. Been toying with the idea for AGES and I'm thinking something small enough so it can be covered by a 'normal' ring.

So, has anyone any insight? Thanks.

who do ya think ya are???
    tommy and pam???
    ha ha! was it lukes ghey idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As Diceicle said, getting something "intricate" on your finger will probably be next to impossible. It'd probably bleed out a lot more than most areas, particularly on the inside/palm side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Lads just wanted to thank yee all for the great responses. I was expecting to get a few facepalm comments back, but yee were all very helpful. Aw. That's me all gooed out! Game on.

So will get designing. I have a few before the ring lined up. So this idea is still in it's infancy.

Thanks again guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Don't do it, bad plan.

firstly, if you want to hide tattoos, the hands are just silly. a real ring covering it will not always sit in the same place, and the tattoo with peek out

secondly, the texture of the skin on the finger plus sunexposure will allow for zero detail, unless its big, and then a ring won't cover it

third, you will have massive fallout issues, esp on the sides and inside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bedejaysus the thread title was strange so I had to come in here. Was wondering what kinda nutter wanted a tattoo around their ring. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

seanybiker wrote: »
    bedejaysus the thread title was strange so I had to come in here. Was wondering what kinda nutter wanted a tattoo around their ring. :eek:

Oh it's been done! Some pr0n actress. Eh, you Google it.....I.....<sigh> can't at the moment. Aw.

Advertisement