Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mary Coughlan too lightweight for Tainiste?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Like a lot of people I was a tad concerned when Mr. Cowan appointed Mary Coughlan as Táiniste, while bypassing people like Dermot Aherne, Noel Dempsy et al.

Her performance,since taking the position has been in my opinion ,less than re assuring that she has what it takes to handle this job effectively.

She has made several gaffes and imho is not convincing at Thursday QTime in the Dáil. Strange decision?

Opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to correct forum.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Her performance,since taking the position has been in my opinion ,less than re assuring that she has what it takes to handle this job effectively.

She has made several gaffes and imho is not convincing at Thursday QTime in the Dáil. Strange decision?

Opinions??
    Doesn't that make her fit in perfectly with the rest of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

As a staunch Fianna Fail man i was surprised when she was appointed Tainiste, she was a very good minister in her own right and i think the tough last few months have affected her confidence some what. I think Dermot Ahern with Brian Cowen are head and shoulders the best we have in the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i love how they started to call her mary palin cos she's from a big empty disconnected wilderness up there.

(i don't think she lightweight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Mary Harney is still Tánaiste :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

'Is Mary Coughlan too lightweight for Tainiste?'

compared to Mary Harney ? yes, definitely

her top lip is too big for her mouth , i dont trust her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

She is way out of her depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sorry , someone told me this was a serious forum.

Have a good day guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Badabing wrote: »
    As a staunch Fianna Fail man i was surprised when she was appointed Tainiste, she was a very good minister in her own right and i think the tough last few months have affected her confidence some what. I think Dermot Ahern with Brian Cowen are head and shoulders the best we have in the party.

Ahhhh. As a Fianna Fail man, can you point me towards one single thing that this useless c*nt can be credited with since she was elected to the Dail??? She was a useless c*nt in her previous ministry and she is a useless c*nt now, same as everyone else in her party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Just take a look at her anytime she is in the Dail. She looks like she is ready to fall asleep. She looks dozy and she is. Cowan probably chose her over Ahern to a) distance himself from from the name Ahern and b) put his number 2 in place to make him look smarter, although its a close run thing as far as looks.

Cowen looks like a walking unmade matress and she looks like something that climbed out of a haystack. The two of them are a national fu*king joke... As long as these two are at the helm, we are well and truly Fu*KED...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Cowen looks like a walking unmade matress and she looks like something that climbed out of a haystack. The two of them are a national fu*king joke... As long as these two are at the helm, we are well and truly Fu*KED...
    Looks can be deceiving, and that's true in this case. If you'd care to talk to Cowen or Coughlan on an issue of mutual interest, you would find this out.

Let he who is without brains call the other guy an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Just take a look at her anytime she is in the Dail. She looks like she is ready to fall asleep. She looks dozy and she is. Cowan probably chose her over Ahern to a) distance himself from from the name Ahern and b) put his number 2 in place to make him look smarter, although its a close run thing as far as looks.

c) sop to wimmin voters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Ahhhh. As a Fianna Fail man, can you point me towards one single thing that this useless c*nt can be credited with since she was elected to the Dail??? She was a useless c*nt in her previous ministry and she is a useless c*nt now, same as everyone else in her party.

Apart from the...Ahem! Quaint, recurring description, I have to agree with the sentiment in this post. In her previous job as Minister for Social and Family Affairs, she can be accredited with causing severe hardship and disappointment to back-to-education students, and prevented many from pursuing post-graduate studies. While saving peanuts for the government, this will have had life-long, negative effects for these people.

http://historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/D/0568/D.0568.200306170028.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

ninty9er wrote: »
    Looks can be deceiving, and that's true in this case. If you'd care to talk to Cowen or Coughlan on an issue of mutual interest, you would find this out.

They are so clever they have done a fine job of convincing us all they are indeed idiots of the highest order :D
    It's about the only thing they have managed.

They are at the helm of a government that has over the last 6 months stumbled form one disaster to another.
    I will give them this much they are consistent, consistenetly inept that is :rolleyes:
    BTW I thought the reason coughlan is there is because she is one of biffo's best friends in the party, not because she has any discernably abilities or talents. Ability and ff governments are oxymorons as most people are now at last discovering.

Oh badabing, as an ffer, I see you are pretty selective in what threads you post, unlike ninetyer99 who at least comes out to defend the education cuts and all the other successful policies they have pursued :P

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Oh badabing, as an ffer, I see you are pretty selective in what threads you post, unlike ninetyer99 who at least comes out to defend the education cuts and all the other successful policies they have pursued :P

I can be fairly good at ignoring certain threads myself. Mainly where it's clear that nobody will respect what I have to say though. I post because I can take other people's **** without necessarily giving a **** what they think of my opinion.

The amount of people on this (and other) sites, that cannot agree with a policy solely because it is pursued by FF is monumental. If the opposition suggested some of the policies being bashed, they'd be hailed as heroes simply for not being FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

did she not give foreign nationals the dickey money for their kids back home, some move that i.m.o.

cowen coughlan and harney makes the munster front row look like film stars. i saw them sitting togeather in the dail kept me giggleing for the night

every one has brains, the difference is the density

i wonder what the majority of posters would have in common with them two
    i doubt if c and c would sit down and chinwag with us

old boy wrote: »
    i doubt if c and c would sit down and chinwag with us

You may doubt it, but that doesn't make the assumption true. They don't top polls by being elitist and reclusive.

• Advertisement

old boy wrote: »
    did she not give foreign nationals the dickey money for their kids back home, some move that i.m.o.

We can do it any other EU country. Our payment just happens to be the most generous (though you won't hear the opposition say that) so they use a EU wide loophole to garner the benefits here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

We can do it any other EU country. Our payment just happens to be the most generous (though you won't hear the opposition say that) so they use a EU wide loophole to garner the benefits here.

We were stuck on the child benefit, that had to be given to foreigners.

However, instead of tackling the childcare issue directly they threw money at it in the early childcare supplement, which is payable to people here who don't need childcare in the first place and sent abroad to pay for children that are not affected by the outrageous childcare costs here.

That's what was wrong with the FF government for the last ten years, they never saw a problem they didn't try to solve without throwing wasted money at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

She's absolutely useless, but no more so than the rest of those pathetic idiots in Goverment.

You may doubt it, but that doesn't make the assumption true. They don't top polls by being elitist and reclusive.

voting for a particular party seems to be a habit
    one reason that people who vote f.f. are pensioners who usually are assured of a pittance of a raise but at least they get it, now that that they have received a kick in the family jewels i wonder will they be as recptive to f.f. who have promised them 300 lids p.w. in the o.a.p. shortly. which me thinks it is a case of live horse and see grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Brian Lenihan always came across as the most intelligent and informed perosn when on Questions and Answers or The week in politics before he became Minister for Finance. I was happy he got the position but look what he's done with the budget. Looks can be deceptive. People say one thing but do another.

If ever there was a walking advertisement for smaller class sizes, it is our government.

If ever there was a walking advertisement for smaller class sizes, it is our government.

Really? Have you carried out some empirical research on the class sizes of TDs when they were at school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Really? Have you carried out some empirical research on the class sizes of TDs when they were at school?

give it a rest 99'er who nominated you defender of the faith.

give it a rest 99'er who nominated you defender of the faith.
    Read my sig.:rolleyes:

Who nominated Darragh to be character assassinator in chief?

If someone makes a stupid comment attacking a public figure and I disagree, then I am entitled to right of reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

jmayo wrote: »
    They are so clever they have done a fine job of convincing us all they are indeed idiots of the highest order :D
    It's about the only thing they have managed.

They are at the helm of a government that has over the last 6 months stumbled form one disaster to another.
    I will give them this much they are consistent, consistenetly inept that is :rolleyes:
    BTW I thought the reason coughlan is there is because she is one of biffo's best friends in the party, not because she has any discernably abilities or talents. Ability and ff governments are oxymorons as most people are now at last discovering.

So its her fault I couldn't get the btea? bint. *plans retribution*

Advertisement