Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 Online Games

• 07-11-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So, who's up for some serious multiplayer Gears 2 this weekend?? Post your Gamertags guys! I'm already sick of some of the obnoxious Americans I keep getting paired with :P Modes I've mostly been playing are Horde and Wingman :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Its very hard to get a game and very laggy. Give me a shout gamertag: Opel Fruits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Played 7 hours of online co op today with no lag at all. Tried to play one game of multiplayer and spent 5 mins waiting for a game only for the thing to freeze when i finaly did !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah I've noticed that it takes a while to get a game alright. Dont think I'll be online until late tonight but I'll be on most of the weekend anyway and beyond that too I'm sure :D

My gamertag is BassmanMurph85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You already have me added so whenever your up for a game :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I'll be on at midnight tonight. ROC E REDSKULL is my tag.

Got to level 27 on horde last night. Best mode by far, about time people had to use teamwork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Haven't been able to get a multiplayer game yet but my gamer tag is Evanbrau Irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

I'll be on tomorrow. I'm not total cannon fodder but the lot of ye will probably destroy me.

Tag: Insanesomeone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i have no interest in playing anything other than horde online

gamertag is h3lx

• add me, Mikeh500500, won't be online until after nine..going for a meal with the woman first. will sneak upsatiars after :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Helix wrote: »
    i have no interest in playing anything other than horde online

gamertag is h3lx

your mic workin yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

i am finding it impossible to find a game so if anyone is on tonight could you invite me: xo CHEWY ox

Its taking AGES to get a game.Youl either get one straight away or youl be waiting 10 mins.

On the plus side every game i have had has been great.

RAIN wrote: »
    Its taking AGES to get a game.

Is it possibly because of the sheer numbers playing while it's still new and shiny?

I'm going to play a few games in a few mins so I'll add you guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm up for coop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

Its very important that your NAT (Network address translation) is open. If it is not open it can stop you from getting multiplayer games and cause serious lag. Check the status on the xbox360 itself by going into the network settings but you can ony change it by going to your modem configuration page. If you are using a wireless modem you really need a top quality signal too. For players with lag issues the best option is a wired connection to your modem with a static ip setting for the xbox.

Anyone up for a game of Horde tonight? If so add me!

GT:G M E 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Its very important that your NAT (Network address translation) is open. If it is not open it can stop you from getting multiplayer games and cause serious lag. Check the status on the xbox360 itself by going into the network settings but you can ony change it by going to your modem configuration page. If you are using a wireless modem you really need a top quality signal too. For players with lag issues the best option is a wired connection to your modem with a static ip setting for the xbox.

No it cant, first statement is correct though.

Alot of Lag these days in games is caused by the Eircom upgrade that happened during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Yea would love to get a game of horde going with some Irish for a change - already sick of listening to the yanks moaning! Add me when you get the chance...

My gamer tag is ST1GGIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gamertag is Airblazer ...looking forward to playing GOW2 online :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did a few rounds of horde last night which was great fun, once we stopped all running off in different directions.

Spideog will be on again tonight.

Whats everyones favourite online mode so far? I've taken quite a liking to Annex!

Annex was in the first Gears as well. Horde is my fav. More team work.

Horde is genius. Annoying if you have a team that dosent talk but for the most part people are pretty into it. Got to twenthy five last night on the Day one map and then i lost connection to the host ...painful. Its a great game type and the sense of team work realy adds to the experience i predict the mode being copied by loads of games in the future.Although it is very similar to Rainbow six's terrorist hunt.

Same mode is in COD5. Its calls Nazi zombies. basically 5 players have to hold together and kill endless waves of Zombies.

As for horde, played with a couple of Irish and couple of english lads About 2am thursday night/friday morning. We got to 12 on our first go and 27 on our second. The trick for us was when you were down to one enemy left on the way. Run around and get as much firepower as possible. I think it goes as far as 50 or 52 waves. But by 27 you needed to shoot them forever before they'd die. Then the following night once the yanks got hold of gears all you had was them running around trying to get as many kills as possible and then wonder why they couldn't get as far as wave 6 or 7. The americans think everything is about getting kills and bitching. When with horde its a team score. Just because you don't get all the kills doesn't mean your no good. Just means your providing covering fire or drawing enemy fire. But try telling that to the americans on line. Not all of them, just the usual nobs. (not noob, knobs lol).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm liking the horde mode as well, you really do need slightly sensible people though that don't go running off on their own though and not be too concerned with the actual kills, it's all about the staying alive.

Advertisement