Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort thanks received by receive date

Options
  • 07-11-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I sometimes look at my thanks page and see I've gotten new thanks, but the results are not sorted by "post which got the most recent thanks". They appear to be sorted by "most recent post you made which got thanked".

I think it would be better if it was sorted by "post which got the most recent thanks".

Do you know what I mean?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This information would need to have been stored in the database. Though I'm sure Cult thought of that :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sure why would I go thinking about things when wonderful people like yourself are doing the thinking :)

Dates are stored, actually. But this doesn't really strike me as a killer feature. I may be wrong, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

slightly off topic... but If that many people look at the Thanks given to someone, then there is a vb plug in that will show how many thanks a person got in the information on the left of their posts. simple template update.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

samhail wrote: »
    slightly off topic... but If that many people look at the Thanks given to someone, then there is a vb plug in that will show how many thanks a person got in the information on the left of their posts. simple template update.
    Actually I specifically removed this when installing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

CuLT wrote: »
    Sure why would I go thinking about things when wonderful people like yourself are doing the thinking :)

Dates are stored, actually. But this doesn't really strike me as a killer feature. I may be wrong, of course.

Well, it's hard to see where your new thanks came from using the current system (if you have a lot of thanks.)

I agree it's not a very important feature request :) but it should be an easy enough fix?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement