Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold on the E71 - now which network?

• 07-11-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Been following this excellent post on the E71:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055412904

I'm sold now but as a pretty light phone user - I'm currently hitting around 30 to 40 squid a month on a pay as you go - who needs to be able to check email while away from my desk, what's the best / most cost effective network to use?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

If I were you, I'd choose your network first and then choose your phone.

You can always get a phone without a network. You can't get a network without a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

True... O2, voda and 3 have it...
    What network are your favourite people on? Your most dialled mobile number? O2 and voda both give you mobile internet of 50mb/day for 99 cent...that's plenty of emails to check on ;) the advantage with o2 is that you can use the e71 as a modem for your laptop etc for the same tariff. With vodafone that doesn't work - for modem use you have to use the dearer access point! My missus has the o2 e71, mine's vodafone. Technically no big difference. Both are so far bug free, not overly branded.
    3 network makes no sense for me living in the wild west...so I haven't checked theirs yet.
    But I'd say go with the best free call/text offer suited for your friends/family/enemies!
    Good phone! But you can get it sim-free/unbranded for the same price as the irish network versions ;).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can use the phone as a modem on Three no bother as well. After looking at the daily downloads on my last bill from them, which was all included in my data bundle, the 50m a day from Vodafone would not be anywhere near enough for the current usage I'm getting out of the E71. Not that just checking email uses a great amount of data, just that so many of the other apps can do, so Three is by far the best deal for any significant data user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

strecker wrote: »
    What network are your favourite people on? Your most dialled mobile number? O2 and voda both give you mobile internet of 50mb/day for 99 cent...that's plenty of emails to check on ;) the advantage with o2 is that you can use the e71 as a modem for your laptop etc for the same tariff. With vodafone that doesn't work - for modem use you have to use the dearer access point! My missus has the o2 e71, mine's vodafone. Technically no big difference. Both are so far bug free, not overly branded.
    3 network makes no sense for me living in the wild west...so I haven't checked theirs yet.
    But I'd say go with the best free call/text offer suited for your friends/family/enemies!
    Good phone! But you can get it sim-free/unbranded for the same price as the irish network versions ;).

I have a phone with 3 and have no issue with coverage. If ur not near their base, they will piggy-back on Voda for coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Meteor have it too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

was just about to say it, meteor also have 50mb for 99cent a day, and their 3g equipment is very new and hi-tech

Living in Castlebar, there's a reason I tend to 'forget' Meteor ;)

Apologies :):lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

The two most niticable phone shops in castlebar are bright orange meteor shops, both on Main St.

Should have gone to Spec Savers!! HA HA! :-)

Living in Castlebar, there's a reason I tend to 'forget' Meteor ;)

Apologies :):lol:

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    The two most niticable phone shops in castlebar are bright orange meteor shops, both on Main St.

Should have gone to Spec Savers!! HA HA! :-)

Yes, I know...and the one that's closed is way more efficient than the one that's open ;)

:lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njprrogers

Hey Strecker, where is that? I can see 'em on the net for 3-400 Euro...

• Advertisement

njprrogers wrote: »
    Hey Strecker, where is that? I can see 'em on the net for 3-400 Euro...

Ehem? It's 349.00 on three up to 379 on voda prepay(I thought we were talking prepay here ;) ? )... And you get it simfree from expansys, amazon etc for £300...no big difference, I think...but unbranded, simfree and better to re-sell, and better for fw-upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

this has gone off topic, OP SOLD his e71,......

Advertisement