Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin 2012?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

These open Senate seats should remain open until a special election can take place, or if it is cost prohibitive... then the next scheduled election

That's going to happen anyway.

Let's say Kennedy/Schlossberg/Whatever gets Hillary's seat. She does not get automatic title to see out Hillary's term, she must run for election in November 2010. Then, when Hillary's term ends in 2012, she must run for re-election again.

Leaving the Senate seat vacant is a non-starter. The whole point of the Senate is that every State has equal representation, cutting that representation down by half is defeating the purpose.

Seems to me that the best person to choose who to fill a seat is the person leaving it, unless there's some reason they can't (Like being dead).
    *cough* Bush dynasty *cough*

True, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Kennedy clan in either time or spread. At least the Bushes were elected to their positions and they had the good taste to not appoint each other.

NTM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

In the meantime, back on topic, Palin's refusing a proposed $25K pay hike, and has just proposed the State budget which basically cuts 7% off it, to make up for falling revenues.

NTM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Future mother-in-law of Palin's unwed preggers daughter arrested in drug bust? This reads like a poor soap screenplay? Unless you watch Northern Exposure reruns... Palin 2012 *cough!*

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/sarahpalin/3868140/Bristol-Palins-future-mother-in-law-arrested-on-drug-charges.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

All she needs now is a proper guided interview and to tell how religion helped them through it. A few winks later and all is forgotten.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

All she needs now is a proper guided interview and to tell how religion helped them through it. A few winks later and all is forgotten.
    Certainly not a Charlie Gibson or Katie Couric interview! With all the winking, they might ask her if something was wrong with her eye? Maybe with Bill O'Spin Factor on Fox where she would be completely safe?

But you are right about the public memory. All this will have been long forgotten in a few weeks, much less 3 years from now for the 2012 primaries. Hopefully, she will be forgotten too, but not likely, if these political gaffs keep coming regularly. Read a book about the King Fish of Louisiana (Huey Long). He was quoted once to have said something like... It's best to been seen positively in the public eye. Next best is to be seen negatively in the public eye. Worst of all is not to be seen at all.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

She's back. :D

The guy behind the new HowObamaGotElected thingy, has done an interview with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95wkCMeUkk

norbert64 wrote: »

The guy behind the new HowObamaGotElected thingy, has done an interview with her.
    Hooray! I am getting so tired of watching Northern Exposure reruns, which she could star in if they brought that old series back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BuddyGlass

norbert64 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95wkCMeUkk

That where she's giving out about Caroline Kennedy getting a free pass by the media in her bid for Hillary's New York Senate seat? Give me a break. Kennedy has been savaged, you'd think Palin would sympathize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

BuddyGlass wrote: »
    That where she's giving out about Caroline Kennedy getting a free pass by the media in her bid for Hillary's New York Senate seat? Give me a break. Kennedy has been savaged, you'd think Palin would sympathize.

Kennedy isn't getting a fraction of the venom that Gov Palin got. Too compare the two is silly.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Kennedy isn't getting a fraction of the venom that Gov Palin got. Too compare the two is silly.

Taking note of the amount of times she's said 'y'know', a very ordinary speech inflection? You betcha. :P

• Advertisement

Taking note of the amount of times she's said 'y'know', a very ordinary speech inflection? You betcha. :P

When's Kennedy's family starts getting dragged through the mud like Gov. Palin's family did then I might feel sorry for her, but to compare the media making fun of Kennedy for her "ummmms" and "You know"'s is one thing dragging a family through the mud like they did to the Palin family is another thing.

If you don't like Gov. Palin's political stance that's one thing but any decent human would be offended by what they did her and her family.

Perhaps I should have expanded on my original post. Palin was very much savaged, the treatment of family disgraceful - but it's right to dispute her views on issues that would affect the USA. Similiar with Democrats grumbling about Kennedy's alleged support for New York Independent Mayor Bloomburg - but attacking her mode of dialect is just pathetic.

Perhaps I should have expanded on my original post. Palin was very much savaged, the treatment of family disgraceful - but it's right to dispute her views on issues that would affect the USA. Similiar with Democrats grumbling about Kennedy's alleged support for New York Independent Mayor Bloomburg - but attacking her mode of dialect is just pathetic.

Thanks. I apologize for the misunderstanding. It should always be about the issues for every candidate regardless of party affiliation. Let the people decide on the issues. Not build up one person at the expense of another.

Advertisement