Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left justified latest posts on home page

Options
  • 07-11-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

:( Doesn't seem right.

I liked them in the middle.

Meh, your call CuLT but would it be lots of trouble to make it sorta like the iGoogle page where a user can customise the layout of the homepage?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't like it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought someone had cut the left part of my computer screen off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It works, stop fixing it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hagar wrote: »
    It works, stop fixing it. :o

Plus a Googolplex.

There are multiple issues on adverts.ie which in my own opinion as a user are of far more importance than tweaking and poking the layout of the homepage.

Just saying is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wouldn't be a huge fan of the left-aligned posts either..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm naturely obsessed with things been symmetrical. At least the old one was more, this just doesn't seem right at all. I'm finding the text harder to read too as half my eyes are looking at whats behind my monitor while rest on the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Everytime it loads I keep waiting for it to correct itself to be centered! :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It hurts my need for things to be symmetrical.
    I also hate the way people with massively long usernames make the poster information side bar on their posts not in a straight line with everyone elses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I sense a lot of OCD in this thread.

You guys watch way too much Monk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It hurts my need for things to be symmetrical.
    I also hate the way people with massively long usernames make the poster information side bar on their posts not in a straight line with everyone elses.
    Mine does that a little or at least it does on my screen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mine does that a little or at least it does on my screen.

The fact that it does it just a teeny tiny bit makes it infinitely worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a fan of it, makes me feel lopsided. :/ *tilts body to the side*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Not that a mere mortal like me gets his posts read here.

I think it gives more of a balance to the rest of the site ,it will need getting use to. But at least there is something to read besides the new posts of boards.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Its way way way way better! but why do you limit the size of the thread title and then leae so much space at the side - I'd prefer to be able to see the whole thread title

Not a fan!

I keep waiting for the page to load fully!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I think it's OK.
    Wish it could be longer (more lines) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Feck it, it displays the informaton, so I wouldn't be too worried about the design.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

kaimera wrote: »
    Meh, your call CuLT but would it be lots of trouble to make it sorta like the iGoogle page where a user can customise the layout of the homepage?

I can't wait for the buzz over the "i" prefix to die down.

Eventually if everybody whinges every time CuLT makes a change, he's going to get fed up and just not bother anymore. I like the new look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

javaboy wrote: »
    I can't wait for the buzz over the "i" prefix to die down.

Eventually if everybody whinges every time CuLT makes a change, he's going to get fed up and just not bother anymore. I like the new look.
    I'm sure that CuLT also realises that no matter what he does he is not going to please all of the people all of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I'm sure that CuLT also realises that no matter what he does he is not going to please all of the people all of the time.

I'm sure he does but can the same be said of the people who moan every time he changes something on the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm sure he does but can the same be said of the people who moan every time he changes something on the site?
    Woah now, I <3 CuLT for the work he puts into boards.ie and I doubt I'm alone in that but if we're were only allowed voice an opinion when we like it whats the point?

Woah now, I <3 CuLT for the work he puts into boards.ie and I doubt I'm alone in that but if we're were only allowed voice an opinion when we like it whats the point?

Yeah I know. And Feedback is after all for Feedback. Maybe I'm just being a bit cynical but every time I log in and notice some new addition or minor change, I check Feedback for the inevitable thread calling for the change to be rolled back.

It's not so much this thread as you actually had some constructive criticism and a suggested solution but some people just seem to want a whinge. :)
    I <3 CuLT

Tee hee hee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yeah I know. And Feedback is after all for Feedback. Maybe I'm just being a bit cynical but every time I log in and notice some new addition or minor change, I check Feedback for the inevitable thread calling for the change to be rolled back.

It's not so much this thread as you actually had some constructive criticism and a suggested solution but some people just seem to want a whinge. :)

Tee hee hee.
    Usability is such a tricky thing to get right; for very few that it works for, there's one or two that don't like it.

There's also a bit of white space at the bottom of the latest posts caused by the amount of info on teh right hand side - the boards group drops down another few lines; maybe it's my screen res; but perhaps a few more recent posts on the home page also to cover it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, I had to go back to the home page again before I spotted what you were all on about ... so I can't say it bothers me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kaimera wrote:
    Woah now, I <3 CuLT for the work he puts into boards.ie and I doubt I'm alone in that
    CuLTs the man, I think he deserves an appreciation thread

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Zascar wrote: »
    Its way way way way better! but why do you limit the size of the thread title and then leae so much space at the side - I'd prefer to be able to see the whole thread title
    Thanks, that's way better now!

Oh also I think there should be more posts on the page, not just 30 maybe 50 - or possibly the option to go to the next 30...

Can you do this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement