Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA registration

• 07-11-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

I wonder can anyone help me...

My son wants to play EA games on line on his XBOX 360.

He is under 18 so a part of the process is to send an email for permission from a parent. He enters my email address, but no email arrives. We have tried it over and over and tried different email addresses, but nothing doing, the email will simply not come through.

I could not find any help on the electronic arts sites

Anyone come across this? Anyone got any answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

They could have problems with the emailing server.Or maybe it takes a few days for the conformation email to come through,Though that normally takes a few minutes.

Did you check your spam?Could have it to delete spam automatcly, your email takes it as spam and poof its gone without even knowing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

From my experience EA are unable to send emails.

I am still waiting for my forgotten password email after 2 months.

They could have problems with the emailing server.Or maybe it takes a few days for the conformation email to come through,Though that normally takes a few minutes.

Did you check your spam?Could have it to delete spam automatcly, your email takes it as spam and poof its gone without even knowing it.

We've waited a few days and checked the junk mail folder - no joy.

DeBeere wrote: »

OK, but surely if this was the case then there would be zillions of under 18s causing a fuss about it... I have seen nothing on the internet.

• Advertisement

Last bump hoping for some suggestion!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I presume you have tried an email address thats not hotmail or gmail....something like an @eircom.ie one?

Other than that, if its just the EA registration thats the problem (presumably if its an EA game its something like FIFA, Tiger Woods or Madden, etc), then if he is allowed to play anyways, just change his DOB to be over 18. If this is just for EA, there shouldn't be a problem.

If you dont wanna do that, give EA customer support a call. They have numbers plastered all over the back of their manuals if i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Having the same issue!
    Let me know if you get it sorted

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I presume you have tried an email address thats not hotmail or gmail....something like an @eircom.ie one?

Yep...
    Other than that, if its just the EA registration thats the problem (presumably if its an EA game its something like FIFA, Tiger Woods or Madden, etc), then if he is allowed to play anyways, just change his DOB to be over 18.

It's FIFA and I have no problem changing his age... Any idea how to do this? I think that it is part of his Xbox Live registration
    If this is just for EA, there shouldn't be a problem.

If you dont wanna do that, give EA customer support a call. They have numbers plastered all over the back of their manuals if i remember.

I'll try this if I can't change his age... if I knew how to change his age.... Any suggestions?

Rainyface wrote: »
    Having the same issue!
    Let me know if you get it sorted

ok

• Advertisement

Did you manage to have any luck with this?
    Still cannot connect a 10yr old to it for some reason. Did a bit of searching on line and it looks like the age on the Xbox needs to be 13yrs or older before you can connect to EA games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm sure you can change his DOB some way

Looked into that aswell but I cant find how to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Me too, I'm afraid, no reply to at least 10 emails :mad:.
    I even tried IE incase they didn't like Firefox. Best of luck with contacting them and let us know if you do.

moz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Having the same problem myself, can't sign into EA because I forgot my password and the password email never arrives.

Let me know if anyone gets it sorted or knows of a way to contact someone about the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭remoh

My brother had the same problem and this is what I had to do to sort it out for him. Unfortunately the EA account age is taken from your XBOX live account, so the age you enter in then is the age that is taken when setting up the EA account. There is no way to change the date of birth on a Xbox live account, believe me I've tried. Tried lots and lots of emails to both EA and XBOX :mad:.

What I had to do was set up a new account for him and give him a DOB that would have meant he was over 18. Lucky enough he only had the XBOX trial subscribtion, so my parents hadnt actually paid any money for that account.

So what you have to do is set up an new XBOX live account and start again. I know you are going to lose all your achivements but this was the only way I could get it to work.

Advertisement