Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock 18c problems - Please help

Options
  • 07-11-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hey ,
    I have a glock 18c gas and when i fire it in single it works great but when i switch it to full it fires about 5-6 shots then stops and all the gas shoots out of it from under the slide and everwere ? Whats wrong with it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Whats wrong with it?

Its broke.

:)

there's a load of different things that could be the problem really.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Very helpful - Thanks .
    Any serious reply's left in you vtec . Could do with some help

vtec wrote: »
    Its broke.

:)

there's a load of different things that could be the problem really.

Woops didnt see that . Well what do you think i should try ? Bring it back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

what make is it?
    would it be a Jing Gong by any chance?

Now how did you know that ? (yes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

iv heard some info about these glocks, dont want to really say on boards, PM me if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

Looks like you got burnt kid!

Not realy because I trust the shop who sold it to me didn't know about these flaws and will help me get them sorted . there customer service is excelent according to all the people I've talked to . Now If I had bought it from one of the chinese website( not naming names) I dont think they would be as coperative - But then the whole not fit for purpose sold " argument arises

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Not realy because I trust the shop who sold it to me didn't know about these flaws and will help me get them sorted . there customer service is excelent according to all the people I've talked to . Now If I had bought it from one of the chinese website( not naming names) I dont think they would be as coperative - But then the whole not fit for purpose sold " argument arises

I have the same pistol (JG) with the same problem - (not bought locally), I think the feed valve is freezing open in auto. You have to let the thing warm up afaik, may be wrong. What flaws do you mean in the JG version?
    My KWA G18C works fine in auto ... full 50 round magazines.
    I'll be watching this with interest.

Well according to my sourses there were mayjor corners cut when it came to quality control : (

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::confused: Do you think one of the Irish shops are selling a bad batch of G18Cs???

Well according to my sourses there were mayjor corners cut when it came to quality control : (

Fine, but what are the flaws you mentioned. ? Is there anything specific.

Well Possibly but the retailers wouldn't know abot it . Poor seals, loading nozzels manufactured from the wrong type of plastic, mis-sized o-rings, cracks in the slides being sanded and painted over ect. . But keep in mind I'm and in know way shape or form conforming this it's speculation from pleople invloved in the jg company etc.

grrrr. This was my first JG. Maybe some of the internals from a KWA scrap gun might fit. hmmm annoying.

I think its the mag which causes prolems - try getting a 50r mag from a differant comany

Nope, tried that - have 5 (KWA/KSC/JG) G18c Mags. Had a feeling it was the gun. All work fine in the KWA Glock. Thanks anyway. E.

Have to retire to bed lads - have to be up at 8 tomorow
    Aww thats a pity E . Right - cya's later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

ep1k-w1n wrote: »
    iv heard some info about these glocks, dont want to really say on boards, PM me if you like.

Why not ? If you know of issues with them, why not share them with other players and users ?

Also, Elsi - whats with the "some shops" and "selling a bad batch" - like it was some kind of conspiracy ? As far as I'm aware, I'm the only Irish retailer listing them.

Do you have information about a "bad batch" I'm not privy to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Have to retire to bed lads - have to be up at 8 tomorow
    Aww thats a pity E . Right - cya's later

Sean....I offered to have Richie take a look at it when you were in the shop yesterday, but you declined - the offer is still open. You really should bring it back and let an expert look at it.

I'd rather you didn't go disassembling magazines, inspecting valves and generally poking at it if you want it covered under warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Shiva wrote: »
    Why not ? If you know of issues with them, why not share them with other players and users ?

Also, Elsi - whats with the "some shops" and "selling a bad batch" - like it was some kind of conspiracy ? As far as I'm aware, I'm the only Irish retailer listing them.

fair play T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I really hope JG dont start cutting corners. Their AEGs are all superb and inexpensive, it would be worth their while to make good clone GBBs, Bells are the most reliable.

Sean....I offered to have Richie take a look at it when you were in the shop yesterday, but you declined - the offer is still open. You really should bring it back and let an expert look at it.

I'd rather you didn't go disassembling magazines, inspecting valves and generally poking at it if you want it covered under warranty.

Thanks , well yeah if you dn't mind . And Elsi I don't think your right because I was talking to some lad's today and they said it's just the blowback spring thats too weak to push the slide all the way back and can be fixed by stretching the spring a-little or getting an upgraded one .

Like whats some kind of conspiracy?

sean.carolan100 said;

"Well according to my sourses there were mayjor corners cut when it came to quality control : ("

I was speculating that he was implying that faulty G18s were being sold. Simple as. Hes the one claiming sources so maybe you should ask him if he has "information about a "bad batch" you`re not privy to ?"

And im not up to date with which irish shops do or do not sell JG glocks cos I only buy from abroad.

Thanks , well yeah if you dn't mind . And Elsi I don't think your right because I was talking to some lad's today and they said it's just the blowback spring thats too weak to push the slide all the way back and can be fixed by stretching the spring a-little or getting an upgraded one .

Sean, I replaced the recoil spring with a KWA one. That does not seem to be the problem. May be a design flaw or maybe just an adjustment ... keep us posted.

Elsi , I would apriciate if you didn't drag me into this . I got an email saying that there MAY have been flaws etc . And never and WOULD NEVER accuse eirsoft of intentionally buying and selling flawed gbb's .
    I simple wanted to know whats wrong with it . I stupidy forgot that eirsoft offered to have a look at it so asked the people on boards for help . I will bring it to eirsoft and i'm sure they will try as best they can to fix it .
    Moderator can close this now ( sorry tonky ) because there is no further use for it exept arguments .
    Sorry to Eirsoft and sorry for elsi for causing you to believe the above - my mistake .

Regards , Sean C.

Sean, No sweat to me. I just wanted to get my Pistol sorted. Like I said my KWA version works fine. I bought the JG for the trades and to compare, that's all. If you want to stop the thread, fine. Could you pm me when you get sorted out and let me know what the problem was. Thanks, E.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Simple solution people, bring them back to where you purchased them. Eirsoft said they'd sort you Sean, go to it. Vtec is the man, he can fix nearly anything, and the Doc ain't bad either(So I'm told by those that know) :D

End of. If you bought them elsewhere, well you know the routine, and if you bought them China direct, well, only advice I can give ya is ask Eirsoft really nicely would they look at them, for a nominal charge of course. This only goes to reinforce the purchasing of AEG's + GBB's from Irish Retailers, at least theres a face you can talk to if you develop a problem! :pac:

Afterthought: unless you know what your doing, don't open any gearboxes, of strip it to bits, it will only make it worse.;)

iceage wrote: »
    Simple solution people, bring them back to where you purchased them. Eirsoft said they'd sort you Sean, go to it. Vtec is the man, he can fix nearly anything, and the Doc ain't bad either(So I'm told by those that know) :D

End of. If you bought them elsewhere, well you know the routine, and if you bought them China direct, well, only advice I can give ya is ask Eirsoft really nicely would they look at them, for a nominal charge of course. This only goes to reinforce the purchasing of AEG's + GBB's from Irish Retailers, at least theres a face you can talk to if you develop a problem! :pac:

Afterthought: unless you know what your doing, don't open any gearboxes, of strip it to bits, it will only make it worse.;)

Thanks for that, hopefully, Sean will get a solution. Both pistols are only a few weeks old, My JG only fired a few mags before developing this problem,the supplied recoil spring is hopeless and was replaced immediately.
    It looked like the feed valve was freezing open after a few rounds.
    My KWA worked flawlessly and still does, I was going to get a pair of JG's, but I'll see how Sean gets on first with Eirsoft.

Advertisement