Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you come back as a man or woman in your next life?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ban on,

Thanks

Wibbs

General unhelpful and antagonistic posting, so take a week off to breathe

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Woman for sure! Can i choose how i look??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Absolutely without doubt, a man. For far too many reasons to list.
    infact, i've come to the conclusion that i should have been Born a boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Even if that were true(and for me the jury's well out), you could look on it as an advantage from a male point of view. The sexual revolution and contraception has given more women more sexual freedom, which is good. But it also means that men, if they so choose can have a virtual successive harem of women, one after the other, for years without consequence(unwanted pregnancy notwithstanding and even then shotgun weddings are pretty rare now). Certainly way more than in the past. The average relatively successful and attractive 25 year old guy of today has had more sex, more varied sex and with more women than their great grandfathers back in the "good old days". TBH I have found many of the men(but not all) who complain along these lines are part of the majority that feel they can't compete and feel left out of either that or the average relationship dynamic for one reason or another. Basically I have found that when men complain about women's sexuality it's because they're not getting a slice of that pie, or are intimidated by it.

Whether or not the 21st Century neo-pagan West can be good for men in a sexual choice point of view, does not change the fact that it is still gynocratic and Matriarchal.

I.e. a society which is ultimately easier for women to inhabit.

Looking at things simply in terms of having a "virtual harem of women" seems pretty narrow to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

,8,1 wrote: »
    gynocratic

gynecocratic

Not being smart, but one means something, the other means nothing. Lobbing around big words doesn't help anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I don't think I could cope with periods/pregnancies/crying every weekend in the bathroom of a niteclub:pac: plus I just couldn't see myself fancying the opposite sex so I'll stick with what I know and would come back as a guy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want to come back again as a male definitely ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Abigayle wrote: »
    I would definitely come back as a man. Would nevvver leave myself alone.Id be sticking it everywhere it would fit. I wana try fcuk a pie.
    Hit a strip club and make trouser tents. Befriend a very sociable young lady, and ask her take away my blow job virginity. Watch some pron and starch my socks, fcuk them back in the drawer- and wear them tomorrow. Id fart in the bed and stick my head under the duvet for a sniff, and congratulate myself.. Can I keep my boobs though?
    Ok, it is weird. Forget I asked..

This is one of the funniest posts, evar.

What's so special about 'keeping the boobs' from a female p.o.v?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

gynocratic
    gynecocratic

Not being smart, but one means something, the other means nothing. Lobbing around big words doesn't help anything.

Both are acceptable, as evidenced by a Google search. Don't see how the NY Times and published books would use a word that means nothing.

I prefer gynocratic because it is an obvious analogue to the already-established androcratic. And it depicts clearly to the reader: gyno [female] + cratic/cracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Both are acceptable, as evidenced by a Google search. Don't see how the NY Times and published books would use a word that means nothing.

I prefer gynocratic because it is an obvious analogue to the already-established androcratic. And it depicts clearly to the reader: gyno [female] + cratic/cracy

Surely if the west was gynocratic, most of our rulers would be female by definition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Woman - being female rocks.
    shellyboo wrote: »
    Eh... no they're not, they're ace. Boyparts ftw.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there shellyboo. Boyparts look ridiculous. Girlparts don't look great either though.
    Okay when I say the 21st Century West suits women more, I mean that it is gynocentric and Matriarchal (all things considered). My experience is that generally women deny the above
    And you know why? Because it's bollocks.
    usually responding that we live in a Patriarchy (what a wacky, non-reality-based idea that is).
    You're fishing for a reaction with that one - and I'm biting. Why is that "wacky" and "non reality-based"? Yes, men have a crap time when it comes to certain aspects of life, absolutely, but this society is still a patriarchy.
    Why this is I do not know. Self preservation? Objectivity deficits?
    No... because it's bollocks. As you well know. Just because you've been ****ed over by a woman or women doesn't mean this is a matriarchal society.
    a society which is ultimately easier for women to inhabit.
    It is in some ways, it isn't in other ways. Ditto for men. But most of the power is in male hands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It tends to feel gyno/gynecratic, like any "cratic" you care to mention, to those who feel left out of it or feel disempowered by it.

It's like the thread that complains that women don't go for "nice guys". The nice guys get freaked out because they feel lesser, yet they want exactly what the "bad boys" want, but they can't get. The "why not meeeee, I want to stamp my feet" syndrome. It's insecurity based on ones perceived lack of power to get what one wants.

I can understand when a father is restricted by unfair laws and a mother with an axe to grind from not seeing his kids, but anyone else? Nope. It's a weak argument with usually a weak man behind it(more usually an immature male).

So what if it actually was a female dominated society(it's not btw)? Big deal. One would deal with it, use it to ones advantage or decide to be apart from it. Whining about some perceived little inequity or other hardly serves to further much.

My 2 cents anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gynocratic

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gynocratic

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/results.asp?searchword=gynocratic&x=18&y=13

If you insist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Definately back as a guy.

I could never get accustomed to the toilet seat up or down thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Deffo as a woman.Being a lesbian slut would suit me just fine.Multiple orgasams here i come,come,come,come........commmmmmeeeeeeeee!.

Advertisement