Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need urgent advice on which Sat nav to buy.

Options
  • 07-11-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Need to buy a sat nav as I find I am doing more travelling and tired of looking at maps. Need one for this Sunday afternoon.

I looked to day and have a number of options:-

Garmin 200W for €129.99 in PCWorld
    Garmin 255W for €229 in PCWorld
    Garmin 710T for €229 in PCWorld

( Also saw the Garmin 200W in Maplin, Galway for €230.99 !!!)

I would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I got mine from here a good while ago and it was much cheaper than the shops but the difference now isn't great.

255W is €196 + delivery (€5 or so) but if you need it for Monday just go to PC world.

I have a Garmin (cheap one for €170 this time last year), can be a little tricky to find some addresses but once you get used to it it's fine.
    ones on offer now are probably a little better now. I'd just go for a cheap one especially if you already have a car phone kit, if not get one with bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I got a TomTom Go 730 about two months ago, very happy with it.

The TomTom Go 530 is the one to go for if you only expect to use the satnav here and in the uk. The only difference between the 530 and 730 is that the 730 has maps for all of western europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Garmin Nuvi 265 GPS look good on that site, has bluetooth etc

Advertisement