Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox 360 Freezing/locking up right out of the box

• 07-11-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I bought an Xbox 360 (60gb version) and Gears of War 2 in Smyths today, fired it up for some split screen 2 player. Within 5 minutes of playing it froze and only responded by turning off the console via the power button. "Hmmmmm" I thought, "that's dodgey."

Started the game back up and played about 20 minutes of Horde mode in two player splitscreen. This time, the video stuttered for quarter of a second, then everything froze and needed a power off to fix it once again.

What do you all make of this? 2 crashes within 40 minutes of first turning the machine on is pretty bad no? Or could Gears of War 2 be causing the crashes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Smyths is open till 11 tonight get down now and demand a new console i would not put up with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Have you adequate air circulation around the console itself and none of the air vents blocked?

Have you tried any other games or demo's to see if the problem still exists? If the console only crashes out while under stress [playing a game] than it may indicate an over-heating problem or a possible other fault. As said Smyths is open till late tonight [Jervis St. anyway] so you can go back and get a fresh console should you wish [or early tomorrow]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

I have the console in an open space laying horizontally. I have no other games, and no demos at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bring it back asap.

Same thing happened to me. The first day I bought it, it kept stopping mid-game saying, "please insert the disc" until I brought it back and got a new one. Hooked it up again and this time got the RROD. I'm on my third one now and no problems whatsoever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement