Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gears of war 2

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mossym wrote: »
    ???????:confused:

Oops, thanks dude. I meant i enjoyed fighting more reavers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

faceman wrote: »
    When it comes to video games, i dont really care if something is not as original as long as the game play is good.

I think the game was a vast improvement on the original although it felt slightly easier. I was delighted they ditched the berserkers and the level in the original in the truck where you had the UV light really annoyed the hell out of me.

The worm level is GOW2 was great fun. It was great taking on more Reavers. GOW2 has a really battlefield feel to it rather than a wave of enemies, move on, another wave of enemies etc.

On the downside, the bosses are poor, particular the dude with the double edge blade toward the end.

I thought the Beserker level in the first game was fantastic, it was so tense slowly walking around trying no to make noise, and the fight itself was great trying to charge the hammer of dawn as it was barreling towards you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, the Beserker moments in the first one were great for building up the tension... I did get smashed into a pulp quite a few times when I first encountered one, but still, it was a great part.

Agreed on the vehicle section with the spotlight on the Kryll though - hugely annoying and the GOW 2 vehicle sections were much better done (though the section going up the mountain was not that good...).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

faceman wrote: »
    On the downside, the bosses are poor, particular the dude with the double edge blade toward the end.
    Near the end now and that is the one part that annoyed the hell out of me. On hardcore anyway its pretty hard to co-ordinate dodging pillars and ink grenades at the same time. And then the game decided to go glitchy on me on occasion: on one or two restarts the lingering ink from the previous go killed me instantly and then I got stuck up on the roof after a pillar threw me up. That has been the one part in the whole game that I felt didn't work. Otherwise all great. Getting harder though: the battle in the courtyard before getting to the sinkhole is insane. Damn bloodbacks (or whatever those things are called) kept on murderising me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Near the end now and that is the one part that annoyed the hell out of me. On hardcore anyway its pretty hard to co-ordinate dodging pillars and ink grenades at the same time.
    Eh I played through this and just stood in the back left corner,thought it was a bit easy actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

have to say although I like Gears I got more enjoyment from Condemned 2 which I played just before this. Thought it was quite short and easy (I get slayed at multiplayer so only knows how easy others find it). Also is anyone having difficulty with multiplayer? I can only get into execution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

still takes a while to get onto Horde, which is great if you get decent players who understand how to hole up and protect one spot instead of legging around getting themselves killed, security is a great map for it, just stay behind the laser barriers and keep using the morta/minigun, can get to level 15 easily, got to 19 last night but the difficulty ramps up no end once you're past level 10, bloody grinders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

River is another good map for it as long as all five stay in the one house. All it takes is for one to leave to screw things up.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Loved the campaign but tryin to get this online is a bitch. On upc 20 mb and can't find a game, actually I got 1 game. It was 5 v 1, I was the 1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Yeah takes ages to find a horde game, better off joining people in your friends list. Nearly got to level 30 there the other night, not too hard, you only need a couple of decent players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was on level 39 last night. :)

What difficulty are ye doing Horde at?

Normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

I was on level 39 last night. smile.gif

Me too, epic stuff aint it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Single Player-Buddy/tank mission
    Seriously driving me mad now...where you go off the cliff and you lose power..theres the 2 corpsers in the middle and right side but the one on the left that jumps from the cliff wont die..Ive shot him as he's jumping{so i assume he is exposed at that point} but he just lands on me and blows the jeep:confused:help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got stuck there too, look up in the thread. You have to
    shoot the one of the left first, don't shoot at all untill it lifts it's legs up, only takes one hit to kill them then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Just finished it. Incredible game, perhaps my favourite of all time and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
    Looks very well set for a sequel what with the Queen's talk of 'unintended legacys and Adam Fenix's words at the end of the credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Haven't finished it yet but I'd say I'm almost at the end.

I've found the 'on the rails' bits to be a bit frustrating.

Like when
    you're riding the reavers. Skill is one thing but trying to shoot down rockets when you're on the reaver is akin to trying to aim when someone is slapping you in the back of the head.

Still, enjoying it immensely. A much more balanced game than the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Soby wrote: »
    Single Player-Buddy/tank mission
    Seriously driving me mad now...where you go off the cliff and you lose power..theres the 2 corpsers in the middle and right side but the one on the left that jumps from the cliff wont die..Ive shot him as he's jumping{so i assume he is exposed at that point} but he just lands on me and blows the jeep:confused:help

Yeah, that knacked me off too.
    As indicated, shoot whichever one raises its legs first. Then do the rest in turn. Only takes one shot to nail em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

RichTea wrote: »
    Just finished it. Incredible game, perhaps my favourite of all time and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
    Looks very well set for a sequel what with the Queen's talk of 'unintended legacys and Adam Fenix's words at the end of the credits.

Crap I missed that , I didnt watch credits through...what he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

At last.It was the right one i had to shoot first..Im no longer pissed off at the game now:D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Finished it this weekend on single player hardcore. Playing horde now. Only got as far as level 19, but haven't had much time yet. Enjoying it anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

horde 50 last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

finished it yesterday and the only dissaponting thing was the lack of 1 really difficult boss to beat like the last fella in gow1.
    i thought the big lad with the chainsaw or even the mutated brumak right at the end were going to be impossible but it never happened.
    much better than first one though. pity about the online.

Agree. Skorge was simple even on insane and when he came after you on the reavers it was grand. I thought the reavers were pretty tough. They always came straight after you and tried stamping on you as well as firing rockets. And that big fish was a little tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pokerkings3

Hey all,

GOW2 going well, playing on insane now, having trouble though playing online, i've only played Horde ONCE!! every other time it just doesnt find anyone to play with....

i have my firewall off on my router, i even changed it to Low, and thats when i got that one game!!

any help???

if you can add me as well, Kenko Loftus gamertag, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

There was a mp patch released wasnt there?

Supposed to fix the online probs I believe. Haven't played on xbl yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Il believe it when i see it !

• Advertisement

I updated but didn't try it out yet. Fingers crossed...

Advertisement