Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig in aid of Dogs in Distress.

Options
  • 07-11-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm organising a gig for Dogs in Distress in The Annesley House in North Strand on the 28th of November.
    Dogs in Distress do brilliant work with many of the dogs from the Ashtown pound by neutering and spaying them, fostering them and rehoming the lucky ones. The organisation is totally run by volunteers who really do have a passion for these dogs (and the odd moggy).
    www.dogsindistress.org
    It is a great cause and we have two amazing bands playing on the night. A brilliant Dublin band called The Strutts are playing. www.myspace.com/thestrutts
    Another great band called 15 Storeys are coming all the way from lovely Liverpool to play too. www.myspace.com/15storeyshigh

The people at DID really do great work for these dogs and really need funds for vet fees and expences.

Tickets are available from myself at 7 euro or 8euro at the door on the night.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Laura.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Any ideas for more fundraising on the night? Raffles or the like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

can i ask where is north strand?

fundraising ideas - if the venue serves drink you can negociate and see if they'll take 20c or something extra for each drink and it goes to DID (or an easier way to work it is sometimes to print up tickets for X amount that entitle the bearer to one particular type of drink, the venue is already paid in advance for the drink and DID the the profit. people do go for this, I've seen it work sucessfully).

il post if i think of any more.
    lorna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

This is a great idea. Hope many come. I will try to make it as well. How to get there from City Centre?

Thanks for the replies, Lads.
    North Strand is just north of the city centre. Its a 15 minute walk from Connolly Station. If you are on Amiens Street just head away from the Quays and go past the 5 Lamps and over the bridge and you're nearly there. It's just on your left then before you come to The Annesley Bridge. The venue is upstairs and has a great feel to it. Think old Slatterys.
    The venue is already giving us the room for free so I think it would be a tad cheeky to ask them for a cut of the bar.
    I'm gonna write to a few supermarkets and off-licences this week and ask them if they will donate a few bottles of wine for a raffle.

I have gotten a few prizes from a few people for the raffle. Alls going to plan! :)

• Advertisement

Tickets are printed and ready. They are available from myself tomorrow and all next week from the Dublin 1 area. If that doesn't suit, PM me and I can probably meet people where suits them. They are 7 Euro each!
    There will be a great raffle on the night to make a few extra quid for DID and there are some brilliant prizes! A gorgeous big dog teddy, (how apt?:D) bottles of wine, a lovely set of wine glass goblets, boxes of chocolates and other stuff too.
    Its gonna be a great night. If anyone can't make it will you just try and say it to one other person who you think might go. I'd really appreciate it!
    Laura.

Another band confirmed for Friday. Seapiece, a brilliant band from Tallaght are gonna kick the night off for us!!
    www.myspace.com/seapiece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Hey hope all goes really well for ye.
    Sening you good vibes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Hope you dont mind but i copied and pasted this onto another forum I post on regularly.

No of course I don't mind! Thanks!!
    Is anyone from here going to come?

• Advertisement

Gig went great! Over €320 to Dogs in Distress!!! Hopefuly should be organising another for February!

Advertisement