Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Bush's more famous quotes

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

OK last for tonite :D

Now that our BELOVED Bush is on his way out here's some of his famous quotes. Little long but there are some really funny quotes....

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

"When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried, and persecuted as a war criminal."

"Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person - people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person."

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right."

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."

"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. "

"Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

"I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America - we can feed ourselves."

"I'd rather have them sacrificing on behalf of our nation than, you know, endless hours of testimony on congressional hill."

"And so, in my State of the - my State of the Union - or state - my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation - I asked Americans to give 4,000 years - 4,000 hours over the next - the rest of your life - of service to America. That's what I asked - 4,000 hours. "

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."

"Russia is no longer our enemy and therefore we shouldn't be locked into a Cold War mentality that says we keep the peace by blowing each other up. In my attitude, that's old, that's tired, that's stale."

"Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America."

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."

"I think the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me - I hope the American people trust me."

"There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like."

"The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production."

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will."

"First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country."

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."

"Ann and I will carry out this equivocal message to the world: Markets must be open".

"We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it."

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."

"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure."

Advertisement