Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to all this..... need help

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ok people... i am so new to all this and i'm about to buy a camcorder. I just want one for general use, nothing too complicated where u'd need a degree to work out all the settings. Also I'm looking for a camcorder with Flash memory so I can easily bring it around with me rather than carring spare tapes and everything else that would usually go with it...

Anyway, I notice that the prices in the US are far cheaper than in Europe. I am going to New York soon and was thinking of picking one up over there. However, I realise that the standards are different, where the US use NTSC and Europe use PAL.

I was wondering if this would matter much because I am not using MiniDVs to record onto. I would be using SD flash card memory, then uploading to a PC and maybe putting onto DVD....

Any help at all would be great... just want to know what I'm getting into before I part with the well earned cash.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

First off i'd like to say, don't get an ntsc camera. You'd only save money on a very expensive camera where the ntsc models are invariably much much cheaper than the pal versions. You may not be able to view the footage on your tv screen and you'd run into further problems with flickering from 50Hz European lights as the camera would be out of synch.

I don't know the market too well at the moment but i'd say you should be able to get what you are looking for for 350e tops.

Also don't dismiss tapes against the flash memory system. In my opinion there are way more problems with flash in its current state and i'll be sticking with tapes for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement