Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paye underpayment

• 07-11-2008 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi.Hope someone might be able to advise me.I have been getting incorrect tax credits for the last five years which I didn't realise.Revenue want me to pay this back within four years ,the amount is in excess of 10,000 euro .My query is this, can they insist on clawing this back from my salary or is there any room for negotiation.I have already written to them but they seem unyielding.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you owe the money you must pay it. If you weren't a paye earner you wouldn't get four years to pay it back over, you'd have to pay it now with interest and penalties and if that bought the figure over 12,700 euro you would also be published in the papers as a tax defaulter. I would be ringing up thanking them for being so generous over and over again.

Advertisement