Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Kenny stooped to a new low?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

I am now sitting here, foaming at the mouth with contempt watching Pat Kenny (my wife has the remote). We have some monumentally deluded woman 'revealing', that we are surrounded by angels. We all 'need to believe that there is a god'. Is this **** what we are paying our license fee for? What a ****ing joke RTE has become. That poor woman is clearly mentally disturbed and should be receiving medication, not sharing her delusions with the country. What really alarms me, is that people are sitting at home now, and not foaming at the mouth with contempt.

(rant over)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I am now sitting here, foaming at the mouth with contempt watching Pat Kenny (my wife has the remote). We have some monumentally deluded woman 'revealing', that we are surrounded by angels. We all 'need to believe that there is a god'. Is this **** what we are paying our license fee for? What a ****ing joke RTE has become. That poor woman is clearly mentally disturbed and should be receiving medication, not sharing her delusions with the country. What really alarms me, is that people are sitting at home now, and not foaming at the mouth with contempt.

(rant over)

Exactly the same here. Wife has the remote and is glued to the telly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

kleefarr wrote: »
    Exactly the same here. Wife has the remote and is glued to the telly. :(

+1

And I agree with the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Best seller book?

Hahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Holsten wrote: »
    Best seller book?

Hahahahaha!

We just knew there was going to be a book somewhere didn't we. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Flogging a new book, surprise surprise :rolleyes:

Why oh why am i listening to it? (too lazy to get up and look for remote)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

What does it take for people to have a bit of intellectual integrity and put your hand up when you see obvious absurdity. Just how pathetic are we as a nation that she and that Gibbon Pat Kenny are not laughed off the airwaves.

And yes, you just knew a book-plug was forthcoming at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yet you still watch the Late Late to complain on boards about it's poor quality guests and the planks ineptitude at conducting an entertaining interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

I've sent my e-mail to
    complaints@rte.ie
    this was worse than Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand

Passenger wrote: »
    Yet you still watch the Late Late to complain on boards about it's poor quality guests and the planks ineptitude at conducting an entertaining interview.

I was complaining about the content of the program, not that i was forced to watch it - i now have the remote, and i was watching it because i share the tv with someone who is more tolerant of such crap. Your view of entertaining and mine, clearly differ - i thought it was disgusting.

Wacko wrote: »
    I've sent my e-mail to
    complaints@rte.ie
    this was worse than Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you don't like it don't watch it :rolleyes:

I've been through this...

My wife was watching it - i was repulsed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If you don't like it don't watch it pay for it:rolleyes:

Damn taxes! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I've been through this...

My wife was watching it - i was repulsed by it.

Simple solution,new wife :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Havent seen the programme so cant really form an opinion except to say we live in a world of mediocrity which is why we have hundreds of tv channals .But what's bland and dull to some (were have we heard that word before ?) is box office to others .Basically some people will watch any ol shyte and feel they have being enlightened, informed and educated .

Nerin wrote: »

Your idea of simple and mine, most definitely come from a different book! However, that being said...
    :D

latchyco wrote: »
    Havent seen the programme so cant really form an opinion except to say we live in a world of mediocrity which is why we have hundreds of tv channals .But what's bland and dull to some (were have we heard that word before ?) is box office to others .Basically some people will watch any ol shyte and feel they have being enlightened, informed and educated .

We live in a world of mediocrity because we allow ourselves to endure it without complaint. I have never liked the Late-Late anyway, and PK is a joke as an interviewer . Whilst i accept that not everybody shares my opinions on what is important, i remain continually amazed at what people will put up with in the name of entertainment.

We live in a world of mediocrity because we allow ourselves to endure it without complaint. I have never liked the Late-Late anyway, and PK is a joke as an interviewer . Whilst i accept that not everybody shares my opinions on what is important, i remain continually amazed at what people will put up with in the name of entertainment.
    Cant say i was ever a P Kenny fan either .Remember a time when it was fashionable to slag the americans off about their trash tv and it was the BBC / ITN/ RTE who gave us the best News ,soaps ,documentrys,comedys etc but then i suppose it was as much a cultural thing as only having 4 or 5 channals (if lucky) to look at .Perhaps money is prime in RTE's thinking and inviting the ' angels by our side person ' was much cheaper .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

His & Her matching remote controls. Yours has the override button.

Asiaprod wrote: »
    His & Her matching remote controls. Yours has the override button.

Bah,another happy life saved by a religion mod. I was trying for his and hers matching houses,only her one gets a cheque from his every month. I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky,..um...you! :p

• Advertisement

I know some people who watch Kerry Catona / Jordon and Pete thinking it's entertainment .Perhaps they know something i dont , perhaps it's just trash tv , perhaps i'm just getting old .Fcuk i'm glad i'm getting old :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

In fairness I thought Pat Kenny was fair enough to Dawkins when he was on the programme. and unfortunately more people would be outraged by his appearance on the show as opposed to that clinically insane angel person, didn't see her myself. The truth is the unintelligent casual telly viewer is going to find such a claim of seeing angels as plausible and very entertaining, that's probably all rte care about.

I'd like to see rte play the angelus at 6 o clock, followed by "the genius of charles darwin" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If you don't like it don't watch it :rolleyes:

Some people are not grasping the nature of Public Service Broadcasting.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

^ Most sickeningly overused emote on boards by the way

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I don't have a particular problem with Pat Kenny. Though it sounds like they were scraping the barrel with guest choices yesterday.

Fortunately me and my missis chose to watch Iron Man instead last night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Dades wrote: »
    I don't have a particular problem with Pat Kenny. Though it sounds like they were scraping the barrel with guest choices yesterday.

Did you see the cool daVinci machine he had on after that complete nutcase?

That machine was cool - and i was admiring the ability of PK to segue from the realm of fantasy to the rational world -- with a straight-face. Perhaps that's where his talent hides (dormant)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

... and we pay our TV licenses for this ...

Dades wrote: »

Much more believeable yes? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Actually, I'd say yes. There's nothing (that I recall) totally unbelievable in Iron Man... Now angels... that's a different story :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Its all down to energy.

Advertisement