Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Kenny stooped to a new low?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Answer: Angels.

Angels > robots?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mordeth wrote: »
    i can't get the video to work, god damn mplayer plugin just tries to preload the entire late late
    Try just loading the smil file in RP:

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2446962-512-288.smil

Should start playing @ 1hr 5mins into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Galvasean wrote: »
    Angels > robots?

Going by what our retarded friend has to say, one would assume so.

(at least on RTE)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

What does it take for people to have a bit of intellectual integrity and put your hand up when you see obvious absurdity. Just how pathetic are we as a nation that she and that Gibbon Pat Kenny are not laughed off the airwaves.

And yes, you just knew a book-plug was forthcoming at some point.

You have to lay some of the blame for this tripe at the feet of the lazy-assed researchers. You'd wonder at times if they are in the pockets of publishing houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

i have to agree with the original post that poor woman needs help i was also very angery at such nonsence i dont know how it ended as i used the remote if that book is a best seller god help us cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Angels > robots?

Maybe some robots, but definitely not transforming robots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

if you complain they'll argue well she is on the best sellers list....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

Well i sent RTE a complaint - i suspect it won't even be read, but for sure, it won't be read if i don't send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What did you say in your letter? Other than really not liking what she had to say, I'm a little confused as to what the grounds for your complaint is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

I am now sitting here, foaming at the mouth with contempt watching Pat Kenny (my wife has the remote). We have some monumentally deluded woman 'revealing', that we are surrounded by angels. We all 'need to believe that there is a god'. Is this **** what we are paying our license fee for? What a ****ing joke RTE has become. That poor woman is clearly mentally disturbed and should be receiving medication, not sharing her delusions with the country. What really alarms me, is that people are sitting at home now, and not foaming at the mouth with contempt.

(rant over)

My dad is 85 and watched the same show, he said she was totally together top totty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

yea, it was a stupid guest, but for christ sake, define over-reaction! who cares? the plank has had worse guests

ps there is NO way that book is a best-seller!

What did you say in your letter? Other than really not liking what she had to say, I'm a little confused as to what the grounds for your complaint is.

The majority of the complaints RTE receive about the Late Late Show tend to be about poor choice of guests/topics. If the quality is poor people who pay license fees have every right to be annoyed.

I wasn't looking for a justification. The nature of public programming is clear and I stated as much in a previous post.

I'm confused because the OP stated he was seething when watching the programme. At this point, I wouldn't sit through the the programme if it caused that much annoyance, nor would I feel the need to send a letter if it happened to be a crap guest. After all, I assume that there was no attack being made on a group or an individual, and poor quality guests are pretty much synonymous with the Late Late.

Different strokes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Press start

Ahahahaha.

Lots of talk of "garjin angels" whatever the hell they are. The poor woman's parents were even told by doctors when she was a child that she was mentally retarded. She had learning difficulties. Pat Kenny uses the phrase 'away with the fairies' to which she responds, "ah, I'm away with the angels. I was away with God, like, you know."

What the ****?:confused:

I wasn't looking for a justification. The nature of public programming is clear and I stated as much in a previous post.

I'm confused because the OP stated he was seething when watching the programme. At this point, I wouldn't sit through the the programme if it caused that much annoyance, nor would I feel the need to send a letter if it happened to be a crap guest. After all, I assume that there was no attack being made on a group or an individual, and poor quality guests are pretty much synonymous with the Late Late.

Different strokes...

Different strokes is right - how could a thinking-person not be offended that the national broadcaster considers it acceptable to give a platform to a individual who is clearly mentally-ill?

How about questions from the audience, ensuring (as they did for Dawkins), that someone with an opposing view would be able to comment. The very fact that people can accept such bull**** in the name of entertainment really bothers me. It is no wonder that superstition, crazy-science and the wilful ignorance have taken over our society.

Apparently they had 'Satanic Sluts' on last night.
    Just when you taught things couldn't get worse...
    Anyone got the video of that?
    All in the name of science

limerick_woody, did you send off a letter of complaint about this?

As I don't watch the Late Late I was mercifully spared the interview of the Satanic Sluts. Still, after reading a bit of this 14 page thread I though it would be a good idea to see how bad their performance was.

I now present you with 'The Robot'. Set faces to stun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEEAJOOBv-8

Whoa - that kinda cancels out the angel-woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I saw some of the Sluts. I laughed my ass off at how bad they were.

• Advertisement

Tragically, i missed it...

My heart will be better off for it though i think - PK is officially excommunicated in my house now.

Dear God... that made Boyzone's first ever Late Late appearance look... untacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Dear God... that made Boyzone's first ever Late Late appearance look... untacky.
    Lulz. That was great. They found a way to improve the late late. :D

:eek: Bring back the angel woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Scantily clad women doing a little dance to a song. Apart from their pretentious name, I find the whole thing pretty "vanilla" to be honest.

Classic stuff.

The mentally challenged woman gets a whole segment of the show to demonstrate how mad she is and nobody bats an eye; but a few forward-thinking ladies do a skimpy dance routine and look what happens... :pac:

RTE viewers raise hell over Late Late 'Satanic' show

TBH I never taught I'd find myself..... to the Late Late.

Dades wrote: »
    Classic stuff.

The mentally challenged woman gets a whole segment of the show to demonstrate how mad she is and nobody bats an eye; but a few forward-thinking ladies do a skimpy dance routine and look what happens... :pac:

RTE viewers raise hell over Late Late 'Satanic' show

For more eye witness accounts try here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58010146#post58010146

It's really nothing to do with the fact they were scantily clad, rather that they possess zero talent and their performance was embarrassingly dreadful. Not nearly slutty enough either considering the troupe's name and an obvious trade descriptions act violation in that regard:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

anti-venom wrote: »
    It's really nothing to do with the fact they were scantily clad, rather that they possess zero talent and their performance was embarrassingly dreadful.

Like that's stopped any pop act in the last five ten twenty forty years.

Advertisement