Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Kenny stooped to a new low?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I am now sitting here, foaming at the mouth with contempt watching Pat Kenny (my wife has the remote). We have some monumentally deluded woman 'revealing', that we are surrounded by angels. We all 'need to believe that there is a god'. Is this **** what we are paying our license fee for? What a ****ing joke RTE has become. That poor woman is clearly mentally disturbed and should be receiving medication, not sharing her delusions with the country. What really alarms me, is that people are sitting at home now, and not foaming at the mouth with contempt.

(rant over)

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it!! As soon as the economy went to sh*t again we see this assualt on the intellect. These stupid people are probably the same idiots who contributed to the economic downtown and now they can't distract themselves with decadence they turn to the sky fairies. One word;

PATHETIC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it!! As soon as the economy went to sh*t again we see this assualt on the intellect. These stupid people are probably the same idiots who contributed to the economic downtown and now they can't distract themselves with decadence they turn to the sky fairies. One word;

PATHETIC

Stop shouting, my ears hurt.

Stop shouting, my ears hurt.

Lol!

I imagined it to sound all echo-y, like the powerthirst ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ps3 guy

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Advertisement

ps3 guy wrote: »
    so does this mean that if a man rapes a woman, his angel will be raping her angel?

****ing rapist angels!!

.......what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

why are ye all complaining, there is no one putting a gun to your heads, asking that you watch it, would you all not be better entertained, watching paint dry or timber warp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ps3 guy

.......what?

im just tring to understand her reason.

old boy wrote: »
    why are ye all complaining, there is no one putting a gun to your heads, asking that you watch it, would you all not be better entertained, watching paint dry or timber warp.

Maybe, but he's a government employee (RTE=FF) and must operate within certain limits...now, if they scrapped the TV license....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not logical to say "if you dont like it dont watch it" as its our tax euros that go to pay the top RTE presenters well into the hundreds of thousands of euros.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

old boy wrote: »
    why are ye all complaining, there is no one putting a gun to your heads, asking that you watch it,

They're not asking us to watch it, but as those scary TV Licence ads remind us, we are being asked to pay for it whether we watch it or not.

Slightly off topic but I feel cheated paying a license fee until R.T.E. goes digital. I can't pick up the channels where I'm living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

When the Late Late had Richard Dawking on the show, they had to "balance" it by having a Christian on also. Richard got a hard time and didn't get an easy time promoting his book.

I think last night, the Late Late could have had a skeptic on to "balance" that segment of the show.

Come to think of it, a couple of weeks ago there were 4 nuns on promoting their way of life and encouraging it. There was no "balance" on that segment either.

I personally as a Chistian, would have more time for Dawkins than Angel Lady. I vaguely remember watching some of this and I thought she was a bit sad and a bit cuckoo, but then there are alot of guests on the Late Late who are of similar vein ie: The Satanic Sluts amongst others.

There's a thread running in After Hours at the moment about the Gerry Ryan morning show and given the time this is aired at, I would be far more comcerned about the content of this than the Late Late which is at least aired after the watershed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

They're not asking us to watch it, but as those scary TV Licence ads remind us, we are being asked to pay for it whether we watch it or not.

See, this is precisely why I don't own a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

DeVore wrote: »
    Its not logical to say "if you dont like it dont watch it" as its our tax euros that go to pay the top RTE presenters well into the hundreds of thousands of euros.

DeV.

im sorry mate, but everyone has to pay a tv liscence, not just you:( That doesn't work as a blanket defence for bitching about a tv show. only a fool will expect everything on t.v. to appeal to them.

only a fool will expect everything on t.v. to appeal to them.

Exactly, which is why the license should be scrapped- that way you're not paying for stuff that doesn't appeal to you.

Exactly, which is why the license should be scrapped- that way you're not paying for stuff that doesn't appeal to you.

but if that were the case, then basic t.v. channels like rte would become subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

then basic t.v. channels like rte would become subscription

I think that's the point ChocolateSauce was making. If people want it, they will pay for it. Those who don't want it shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think that's the point ChocolateSauce was making. If people want it, they will pay for it. Those who don't want it shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

I dunno, I still think it's important to have some sort of public service broadcasts, and particularly some news media that isn't owned by the likes of Rupert Murdoch. Not the crap they show on RTÉ, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Dades wrote: »
    The picture they claim are angels and of Pat Kenny's aura are hilarious.
    Exactly, I don't know why its something to get terribly riled up about. I mean anyone with half a brain won't be making any important decisions based on this lunatic, and anyone without is unlikely to be making any important decisions anyway.

• Advertisement

wait, the plank has an aura? that makes no sense, he's an innanimate object...

As it happens, I do subscribe to RTE- Via Rupert's BritishSkyBroadcasting.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If you don't like it don't watch it :rolleyes:

If you don't like it don't pay for it.:D
    (I've seen Pat the P twice for about 10 min)

Tomk1 wrote: »
    If you don't like it don't pay for it.:D
    (I've seen Pat the P twice for about 10 min)

i refer you to my post at the top!

Advertisement