Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone problems and those missed call texts

• 08-11-2008 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

For the past few months I've been getting 'phantom' missed calls on vodafone. I get a text message from Vodafone saying I missed a call from someone at a certain time but the phone never actually rang. The person who is calling goes direct to my message minder.

Also, quite often if I try to make a call, the phone says it is calling the number but I have no tone then it fails. This may happen upwards of five times before I can actually get through to the person I am calling. I was unable to call 112 and 999 a couple of weeks back because of this, fortunately I had access to a landline.

At first, I thought my phone might have been acting up but this is happening to five people I know on Vodafone. Are there many others experiencing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The vodafone intouch messages are great (I think). The reason its a phantom missed call is because you were out of coverage at the time or on the phone etc. Basically when someone calls you and vodafone try and route the call to you but cannot, they send a missed call text. It can be handy. As for longer periods of no reception, is it just in a particular place? I.e. at work/college/home?

Advertisement