Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restrictions on features for new users - question for CuLT

Options
  • 08-11-2008 12:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I was stalking a new user with a fruity name yesterday, suspecting them as sitw or rereg. Looking at their profile, they seemed to be doing a lot of pm-ing yet were also throwing a few posts around various places.

My question is: is there a postcount or time limit before a new user can pm?

It seems there is a >10 limit on giving thanks and something similar for sigs, just wondering if the same anti spam measure applies to pm's.

Or should I just MMOB and forget about it?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Doesn't apply to PMs purely because adverts.ie relies heavily on PMs for after sales communication, and posts on Adverts.ie don't count towards boards.ie postcount.

I'm sure there is a very sound reason behind this, it is possible to have postcounts on adverts.ie increase the boards.ie postcount, but it's one of those things that has been that way so long nobody but Cloud knows why :)

If Cloud operates anything like I do, most of these decisions are not given huge thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cheers, thanks.

Advertisement