Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B Sligo

Options
  • 08-11-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to find a decent b&b in Sligo Town for next week. I've been looking online and I've found some names and addresses but practically none of them have their own website. So I have no idea what the rooms are like or other details like parking availability and price. So I'm wondering if any locals could recommend a nice b&b in the town centre area or within walking distance of the centre.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi Karma

There are alot of B&Bs on the Pearse Road (which is quite long), I haven't stayed in any as I live here so that would be silly...:P Anyway I'll get you a few numbers of the ones closer to town that always seem busy when I pass them and look grand from the outside.

http://www.yourlocal.ie/displayBusImages.do?id=4.58511891802080
    http://www.parkhousebnb.com/
    http://www.loughgill-bnb.com/

You might even get a comparable deal in a hotel in town this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

thanks :D I did check a few of the hotels. Their prices are fairly good but they are all being mean and charging extra for breakfast.. That bugs me...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Stay in the Glasshouse or Sligo City and breakfast in Lyons round the corner from both. Way better food than typicall BB fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

*Update*

I contacted the parkhouse b&b which sueme suggested. They didn't bother getting back to me. :rolleyes: So we stayed in the glasshouse.Room was fab. I love modern hotels so woo! Wouldn't satisfy them by paying for breakfast :P so we went to Grappa. Bit on the expensive side but I have ate there before for lunch so I was aware of the prices. Not a great place for breakfast but it did the job. More of lunch time cafe I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

karma403 wrote: »
    *Update*

I contacted the parkhouse b&b which sueme suggested. They didn't bother getting back to me. :rolleyes: So we stayed in the glasshouse.Room was fab. I love modern hotels so woo! Wouldn't satisfy them by paying for breakfast :P so we went to Grappa. Bit on the expensive side but I have ate there before for lunch so I was aware of the prices. Not a great place for breakfast but it did the job. More of lunch time cafe I'd say.

I was in the Glasshouse the other night, it is cool isn't it. If your still around go to The Ark (Inishfree Hotel), on High Street for breakfast, you probably won't eat for the rest of the day though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bubbles08

hi i know your looking for in the town centre but theres a gorgeous bnb in Drumcliffe. Its a five minute drive from the town. You wouldnt walk it!! But the bnb is fantastic and you get fresh cooked breakfasts and home baked bread. The effort put in is amazing. Taxi's are are only €12 from the town. Views are great aswell. I stayed in a few around sligo and i can tell you i would def recommend this one. Its Willsborough House bnb and the number is 0719173526.
    Price is really affordable aswell. Check it out. Theres a review on trip advisor for it. And you can see pics aswell.

Advertisement