Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"The dream is alive, I can run up the hills every night..."

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ULstudent wrote: »
    Brack with butter ftw!

So true... and so good with a nice cup of coffee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Okay i'm not stalking you (despite the numerous posts on your log tonight) but just wanted to say i have just finished reading your log from the beginning and want to say that you are a ledge. You have had some year with the moving etc and have come through it ... and with great time gains in your running too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ULstudent wrote: »
    Oh and if i keep eating the way i am since monday ... well lets just say it will be an EEK situation!!!
    I think it's time to go on a diet until Christmas for me! So hard to resist the lure of leftover Halloween goodies though...

I tried to start eating healthy on Friday I failed. Started well yesterday with a bowl of porridge for brekkie, a egg white omlette when I got back from the gym...then the halloween goodies arrived and I had to make up the bags for the children. So I failed. :D

Well done on the weight loss both of you, thats really good going.

3 miles this evening (9.34/mile pace). Probably went out a little fast, but meh, it felt good. :)

Looking forward to being able to bring the mileage up again in a bit, 3 miles feels like I've barely left the house. Gotta ease my way back in though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Just read the last 10 pages or so, fair play to you rk, 4:25 is a cracking time.

• Advertisement

Got out this evening for 5 miles (10.18/mile pace), my longest run since regaining the ability to use my legs :pac:

Felt relatively comfortable, apart from the knot which appears to have taken up residence at the top of my right hamstring. Will have to make sure to stretch out my hamstrings properly, and keep an eye on this.

On an unrelated matter, I've discovered that the distance from my house to college is exactly 6.5 miles. On days when I don't need my laptop, a running commute might happen :D

I'm seriously considering entering either the Connemara full or half, accomodation is handy for that one because my friend lives in Galway city so there's always couch space for me and ****tylink will get me across relatively cheaply. I'd prefer a flatter race next April tbh, and if I had the money I'd probably head to Rotterdam, but I'd love to do Conn purely for the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

Connemara is brilliant. I did the half last year and think I'm going to do the full in the spring if I'm around (in Ireland that is, not still alive).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

+1 for Conn, though I've never been brave enough to face the full mara. But it would be a natural step up for you after Dublin. Get some hillwork in beforehand though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

+1 for Connemara. See you there. I registered for the half last night.

4 miles this evening (9.34/mile pace). Felt pretty damn good. :)

For some reason, I think my legs like cold evenings...

• Advertisement

6 miles this evening (9.40/mile pace) - felt like I could have gone longer, and if it wasn't for a rather nasty case of runner's trots I probably would have stretched it out to 8-9 miles. Stupid digestive system.

I'm only 1.3 miles away from the mileage target I'd originally set for the year (800 miles - at 798.7 now), really could have had it tonight! Don't think I'll hit the 1,000 though. :(

Gotta love those runners trots!

5 miles this morning (9.18/mile pace). Feeling a bit crappy now, hoping I'm not coming down with something... though I'm going to blame it for now on going for my run too soon after breakfast. Probably doesn't help too that I did my 2nd mile way too fast (8.17, quick enough for me to look at my watch and go "WTF??").

Not having to be in college until 3pm rocks \o/

I feel a cough and sniffles coming on and i am about to go run in the run ... ohoh moment.

Here's hoping to no sickness

5 cold, wet, soggy, slow miles this evening (10.40/mile pace, puddle-jumping ftw!). Don't know how many times "HTFU" went through my head this evening, I know I'm a total pussy about running in the rain and it's something I need to deal with if I'm going to train for Connemara through the winter. Frustrating thing is that I missed a perfect night to run last night because I was finishing off the code for a college assignment which was due today :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Once you get into the swing of things and get a routine going again running in the cold and wet will be a breeze.

6 miles this afternoon (9.24/mile). Had intended to go further (was planning 8-10) but just felt like absolute crap the whole way around. Bit frustrating when you don't run for a few days then get a really crap one! Still haven't gone more than 10km since DCM :(

4 miles this evening (9.34/mile pace). Felt pretty good, especially because I got a gale force wind behind me going downhill for the last 1km :D Better than yesterday anyway, that's for certain.

Still haven't signed up for Conn yet, I'm seriously undecided on whether to jump into another marathon this soon, or whether to have fun with some shorter races for the first half of 2010 (thinking the new year's day 5k, the Raheny 5, Great Ireland Run etc), build mileage and start a good intermediate program for Dublin 2010 come June. I can see benefits to both, but I need to decide soon before Conn sells out. With the timing of exams, neither Belfast or Cork would suit for a spring marathon, and I can't afford to travel abroad...

Football on TV and severe weather warnings out? What a night to run :pac:

4 miles - average pace 9.48/mile, but last km took only 5.10 due to having a gale force wind at my back!

Now to watch extra time...

Have decided I'm not doing Conn. It's too close to my semester 2 exams really, and would take too much out of me mentally (let alone physically) at that time. Given that this is my masters, I'd rather not **** it up! While I *could* do the half, I'd rather not pay €70 for one.

So the plan for 2010 is to focus on shorter stuff, and get a bit faster. I'd also like to build mileage to a point where I can start a good intermediate 18 week program for Dublin '10 at the appropriate time and hopefully go a bit faster than this year!

At the moment, the races I'm planning for next year are

Raheny 5 - late January
    St Patrick's Day 5k
    Great Ireland Run - April
    Women's Mini-Marathon (or Cork relays, depends what way things go) - June bank holiday weekend
    Clontarf half (maybe)
    Adidas race series
    Pearl Izumi 10k (purely because it's at my back door really!)
    Dublin Marathon

I'll be starting a new log this weekend too, 12 pages at 40 posts to a page is quite enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement