Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The dream is alive, I can run up the hills every night..."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thankfully, it stopped raining this evening for long enough for me to get out for a bit. 5 miles in just over 50 minutes (10.05/mile). The weather is REALLY doing my head in at the moment :mad:

Just back from a very pleasant 5 miles (10.10/mile pace). Took about a mile for me to fully wake up into the run, but after that it was plain sailing all the way :)

4 quick (by my standard, 9.18/mile) miles today, managed to completely miss the rain \o/

Off to a barbeque this evening (lol), gonna behave myself on the booze tonight because I don't want my 9-miler tomorrow to be a penance run!

9 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes (10.48/mile), just glad to have finished because that's one of the warmest days I've ever run! Glad to have got at least one warm long run in though, given that my half is in late June it'll most likely be either warm or raining and I'd like to be prepared for both (despite my hatred of wet weather).

So that was my longest run ever... and my highest mileage week ever (26 miles). I'm happy with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

9 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes (10.48/mile), just glad to have finished because that's one of the warmest days I've ever run! Glad to have got at least one warm long run in though, given that my half is in late June it'll most likely be either warm or raining and I'd like to be prepared for both (despite my hatred of wet weather).

So that was my longest run ever... and my highest mileage week ever (26 miles). I'm happy with that :)

Well done rainbow. Keep it going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

i've been reading over this thread. rainbow kirby you're my hero!

5 miles in around 50 minutes (10.04/mile pace). Slightly later than intended due to being an enormous beast at dinner today (goddamn chicken fajitas... NYOM) and being meat-sleepy for way longer than I intended. Started off very slowly with tonight's run, but got faster as it went on, and felt like I still had a good bit of energy left at the end which is always good :)

5 miles in around 51 minutes (10.11/mile). Was flying until I hit 2.5 miles, then got hit with the stomach cramp of doom (not the girly kind either). Third mile was slow as hell, but was able to pick up the pace again after that.

In other news, I've finally got my weight below 11 stone! Another 2lbs and I'll have lost 4 stone in the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

In other news, I've finally got my weight below 11 stone! Another 2lbs and I'll have lost 4 stone in the last year.

That's fantastic!! I bet you feel great for it :) I lost 3 stone a few years ago and it's amazing how much more energy you have when it's gone :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

5 miles in around 51 minutes (10.11/mile). Was flying until I hit 2.5 miles, then got hit with the stomach cramp of doom (not the girly kind either). Third mile was slow as hell, but was able to pick up the pace again after that.

Thats super going well done, your running has come on so much too. all your great work paying off big time. :)

3 miles easy (10.10/mile). Not one of my better runs, that'll teach me to drink some water before I head out when its warm...

Planned 9-mile run became 6 due to a combination of heat, hangover and wanting to have something in my legs on Monday. 10km in 1.02.30 (10.00/mile).

It's currently so warm in my room I'm posting in a towel.

Cork relays today! I was anchorwoman for the Boards B team (#3247, for anyone who cares). Let it first be said that the weather was not a bit favourable. Yes, it's a beautiful day, but heat is an absolute killer for me.

Picked up the manky, sweaty wristband with about 2.42 on the clock, and instantly started swearing at the hills facing me. I found it difficult to pace it properly (lack of kilometer markers did not help, I normally pace my races in km), but tried to keep to a fairly comfortable 10k race pace. I was very grateful for the 2 locals who were spraying people with a garden hose too, and this was the first time I'd ever had to pour water over my head while running. I went through stages of feeling rather strong, but there were other times when I was wondering "Why? Why am I out doing this on a day like this?".

In the end - 6.4 miles in around 58 minutes. As far as I can determine, it's roughly 9.03/mile pace. If I can keep that pace in my next 10k, and it's not brainmeltingly hot, I think the 55 minute 10k is not that far off (A little messing around with a pace calculator puts my time for 10k today at 56.18 which would have been a PB by just under 2 minutes). I also think that the training for a half is starting to pay off, though there is no way I'm going to make the time for my half that McMillan suggests (2:05:21). Looking at targeting 2.15 for it - realistic?

Team time was 3.40.34 - with little ol' plodder me being the snail of the team! Go us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well done RK

3 nice easy miles this morning (10.05/mile pace). Legs definitely feeling the after-effects of yesterday, but still wanted to get out today because I'm heading straight to Galway this evening...

So maybe I'm obsessed. Brought some gear to Galway with me and went for a 50 minute run this morning. Assuming my normal pace, that's around 5 miles, and it was a very pleasant run. Crepes for brekkie afterwards too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

You are so totally obsessed girl!! Well done on Cork- great time:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

GOD DAMN WEATHER. I haven't been able to get a 90 minute rain-free (or rain-light) block in the last 2 days for my long run. Went out this evening with the intention of doing 8 miles, ended up taking the Dublin Bus way out after 3 miles because I hate being drowned by rain SO much.
    Let it first be said that the weather was not a bit favourable. Yes, it's a beautiful day, but heat is an absolute killer for me.

I think you're going to have to become a little less fussy :)

Yeah I know, at least when its warm I can just get up early, rain is just plain uncomfortable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Well done in cork rk, sounds like it was a warzone down there

10km/6.2 miles in 1.01.30 (9.54/mile) this evening. Split between 4.2 easy miles and 2 miles at 10k race pace. Sweet, sweet late evening coolness. :D

I think I'm still buzzing off Cork, that's 20 miles I've run already this week and it's only Thursday...

Well... it's done. *GULP*
    Thank you for registering for the 30th Running of the Dublin Marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

HOW COOL!

Can't wait to meet you there though you're going to be kicking my ass! All I've done since the half-marathon since Sunday is cycle to and from work, went for a swim on Tuesday and have eaten my own body weight in chocolate.

(It's a recovery week, right?)

Yay for 26th October!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well... it's done. *GULP*

Yay :D

Book is in the post btw.

Despite the disgusting amount of rain this morning, managed to get myself out for 5 miles (9.54/mile). Soaked to the skin, and my shoes are full of Thursday's Indo now to try and dry them out...

25 miles so far this week and I haven't done my long run yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done RK you are really flying it, I look forward to meeting you at the DM even if it is only for a few minutes at the start*

*as in you will leave me for dust with your ever improving speed and stamina:D

10 miles in just over 1:41 (10.04/mile). Much better weather for running today than most of the last week! :D

I feel like a real runner now, my first double-digit training run and my first time trying a gel (probably don't need one for 10 miles in general, but I plan on bringing one to the half-marathon and I wanted to try one before then). Gu Lemon Sublime, texture was a bit mank - but it did the job.

35 miles for the week, first time I've ever gone over 30 or 35 miles in a week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done RK, nice running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

well done,,your doing very well,,great inspiration to us all,,:D

Advertisement