Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG viv needed

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

hi. does any1 know where i could get a BIG wooden or glass viv. i need a very big viv for a tegu. it needs to be 6ft long x 4ft wide x 2.5ft high. i have got a quote form 1 source of 1,000euro. does any1 know where i could get 1 cheaper?? or any handy man that could build 1 for me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Thomas McEelheron in Boardwalk pets the Southside of the Quays in Dublin cc used to make vivariums to order.
    Always worth a try and a very knowlegable guy to boot. Nice chap to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

tallus wrote: »
    Thomas McEelheron in Boardwalk pets the Southside of the Quays in Dublin cc used to make vivariums to order.
    i tried him but he said it would be too big to get out of his shop!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

what height are you talking about???
    ring fintastic aquatics in dun laoighaire with the dimensions and they will give you a price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallus
    Thomas McElheron in Boardwalk pets the Southside of the Quays in Dublin cc used to make vivariums to order.

i tried him but he said it would be too big to get out of his shop!!!! "

why not get him to build it and flat pack it for you! this will help you fit it
    into your house too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Reptile Haven in Fishamble Street have a beautiful vivarium on display. There was a tegu in it the last time I checked, but it has previously housed beardies and frill-neck lizards/frilled dragons/frilled lizards/

It's over 6ft long, about 2-3 feet wide and I'd say at least 6 1/2 feet tall.

It's not for sale, but Ben said they guy who made it makes them for around €1000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

in a viv that large the glass will be a fortune! The vivs I get have toughened glass - pm me & I will see if I can get a quote for you.

Advertisement