Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saying I Love You :(

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone. My girlfriend and I are together a year and a few months now, we're both 21 and things are going great! But in the beginning of the relationship we made this big jokey stigmata over who would say i love you first (both saying we wouldnt etc..). I know that she loves me, and I love her very much. We sometimes say 'do you love me?' and the other will reply yes. But to be honest Im getting tired of it. Sometimes I really want to grab her and tell her yknow? And I know I shouldnt say it to hear it back and say it cos I feel it. But the truth is I am scared of her not saying it back, even though I know she does. I mean who have you known who hasnt said i love you in nearly a year and a half! But I guess its not that important because we're happy and itd be worse if we were saying it and not meaning it instead of feeling it and not saying it. Or else Im delusional. Sorry for rambling :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Even if she didn't say it back, wouldn't you want to know how she feels one way or the other?

I don't believe in this whole "who will say it first" malarky, be it if you want to ask someone out, saying I love you, a marraige proposal, or whatever. Be upfront. The ball will be in her court then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Next time you see her, just tell her you love her. I hate to be dramatic (!) but one of you could die tomorrow; wouldn't you want her to know you loved her? It's time to end this silly game the two of you are playing.

Advertisement