Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atlantis 5x14 - "The Prodigal" **SPOILERS**

• 08-11-2008 4:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭

No Synopsis Available. But I was quite happy with this episode.
    The episode brought some new geeky twists into the mix with the stun field and a bold new McKay/Sheppard solution which I would have never thought of, but it was genius. I thought the episode came through well.

Looks like, sadly, the writers are begining to crimp their loose plot threads. Quite sad really :(

Next week: Cholia, but that ****er has been around as a nemesis almost long as apophis, so he had it coming.

what ya think 22 votes

Atlantastic
    0% 0 votes
    Brilliant
    54% 12 votes
    McKay
    27% 6 votes
    Sub-Par
    9% 2 votes
    You sunk my nerdship
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Great episode, isn't this episode 14 by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ya, it's 5x14.

Very enjoyable for a foothold situation episode it was done really well.
    I'd give it top marks for the ending alone but it was a very good all round episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More than makes up for the sh*tty clip show last week.
    Great episode and nice to see some long-standing stories getting wrapped up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Indeed, brilliant episode and made up nicely for last week's crap-fest. As soon as I saw Michael at the beginning of the episode, I thought this was going to be a showdown kind of episode, since the writers know the show is now ending and they have to start tying up loose ends.

Some great McKay/Sheppard moments too and I liked how the whole "suicide mission" thing got changed around (as well as the comments about how many times Sheppard has gone on a suicide mission).

Top stuff, I hope they keep it up for the final six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Far superior to the crap we've gotten lately and I nearly jumped out of my seat cheering when Ronan got his arse handed to him by Michael :D:D:D:D:D. And when Michael goes one step further and beats the crap out of Mitchell at the end I was cheering again thinking finally we have a true bad ass badguy but then they essentially let tayla bitchslap him to death :(. Why, for the love of god WHY?!?!?!

Is there any hope hes not actually dead just gone swimming? I dont think they said anything about recovering his body at the end...

I'd rate it Atlantastic but it loses points for the very end with tayla so it gets a "Brilliant" instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

JohnK wrote: »
    Far superior to the crap we've gotten lately and I nearly jumped out of my seat cheering when Ronan got his arse handed to him by Michael :D:D:D:D:D. And when Michael goes one step further and beats the crap out of Mitchell at the end I was cheering again thinking finally we have a true bad ass badguy but then they essentially let tayla bitchslap him to death :(. Why, for the love of god WHY?!?!?!

Is there any hope hes not actually dead just gone swimming? I dont think they said anything about recovering his body at the end...

I'd rate it Atlantastic but it loses points for the very end with tayla so it gets a "Brilliant" instead.
    He caught Ronon with a sneaky lucky punch. I think you mean Sheppard(Mitchell is sg1) for the second bit who has never been a great fighter. Him and Taylo double teamed old mikey. And as for him coming back from that fall; very very unlikely.

I really like the fact that she showed him no mercy, it really made the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Very much enjoyed this episode. Sooooo much better than last week.
    The stun shield was brilliant. Hopefully McKay will be able to study Michael's broken jumper and recreate the tech.

Oh and also lol'd at
    McKay not fixing the underwater jumpers even though he had 2 years to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sherifu wrote: »
    I think you mean Sheppard(Mitchell is sg1)
    :o thats what I get for watching some SG1 last night

Him and Taylo double teamed old mikey.
    Maybe I just have a filthy mind but... :p

And as for him coming back from that fall; very very unlikely.
    Given that they're ending the series then yes it is very unlikely but these wraith are supposed to be strong, durable etc so he might be able to survive an impact like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Watched about 20 minutes in and then it started to drag, so I started skipping through the episode... came to the scene with the door-opening scientist fighting the hybrid. Good scene, really good in fact. Come to think of it, all of the fight scenes were really great in this episode. That and Michaels death made this a pretty enjoyable episode.

Although, if we start seeing clones like Ba'al, I'll be well pissed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally got to watching this - very enjoyable. I'm glad that some plot line are getting wrapped up and the Michael closure was fitting to his character. I liked the fact that he would have gotten away with Teyla's kid except that his quest for vengeance consumed him.

Action was nice here and everyone had their part to play - Teyla kicking away Michael's hand at the end was a well executed execution.

Good stuff all round and makes up for the previous two episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Meh

Bits of it were exciting/interesting then bits of it weren't IIRC this was the episode with some lame Trek references (Teyla hiding in what was essentially a Jeffries tube) and something else that I've [thankfully blanked from memory]. Where's that baby been for the last however long it's been since we saw him? (yes I know, he was with his dad, but come on! first you write in a pregnancy, then you write in one of the easiest births known to womankind, then you put the baby somewhere else! FFS! if only kids were that easy to deal with in real life!)

Advertisement