Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Online news sites

Options
  • 08-11-2008 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else find RTE's web site to be lacking a bit editorially.

I know stories can change by the minute but I take another example from the site at the moment:

Obama vows swift action on economy

US President-elect Barack Obama has said he would act swiftly as soon as he takes office to confront the economic crisis head on.
    He was speaking during his first news conference since his historic election.
    'We are facing the greatest economic challenge of our lifetime. We will have to act swiftly to resolve it,' Mr Obama said after meeting his team of 17 heavy-hitting economic advisors.

etc

As he is now elected and his taking of office is not in doubt, surely it would be better to say in the first line of the story - "US President-elect Barack Obama has said he would WILL act swiftly as soon as he takes office to confront the economic crisis head on." This would be more reflective of what he actually said!??!

It's little instances like this that irritate me.

Also, breakingnews.ie doesnt really do it for me

Advertisement