Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to deal with Arcane Mages in PvP

• 08-11-2008 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I stole this from our guild forums, it was probably stolen from somewhere else but I don't care. As a Tier 6 Mage who fools around with Arcane Spec in BG's, I loved this :D

To kill a mage you need 1 healer, 3 dps and a warrior tank. Preferbly a ret pally,and a rogue is ideal for two of the three dps spots.

Crafting and stacking arcane resistance is a must in this fight!!!
    Failure to get resistance will result in death.

The tank needs to keep spell reflect up but be aware that the mage will prob leave you for last because he knows about your tricks.

Most likely once you begin the fight the mage will sheep your healer. You will use your trinket but he will polymorph again. So good times ahead...

Phase 1 is simple. You need to bring the mage's shield down otherwise you just cannot do damage. At the same time the mage will be blinking and casting Arcane Barrage.Stun locking him can work but be advised the mage probably has got a trinket and will know when to use blink.At the same time he will be crowd controlling you with casting frost nova. One of your dps's is going to die at this phase.Not the pally or the rogue as hand of freedom and cloak of shadows help during this phase. The pally may need to use a bubble during this phase if he is the one with the highest agrro.

Once the first dps is dead phase 2 begins. The mage will move onto the next dps. At this time your healer should be halfway to freedom if he is still polymorphed. Basically do the same as phase one by trying to bring down his shield. But like again by the time his shield is down you are going to have one less dps.

So onto Phase 3, Phase 3 is the same as Phase 1 and 2. You are going to lose another dps but this time your healer is free!

Now the mage is really low on mana it is at this time your tank needs to go in and dmg it. But be prepared as the mage is going to be targeting the healer not the tank. He is going to sheep the tank now and leave the healer for himself. He will cast slow on the healer and blink away to get back his mana. Yep the mage casts Evocation. Now it is too late your whole group is dead.

If you can keep atleast 3 dps's up by the time your healer is free the battle is won. If not then game over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Brilliant :D

Made all the more enjoyable because my wotlk main is a mage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Whats annoying is volley doesnt have much of a CD, and then they go and give priests "penance" which has to be channeled and has a 10sec CD and does 1/8 of the dmg. LAME

They should give it a longer CD and give slow a ****ing CD, spamming slow is too OP imo. I cant spam COS or ShS =/

EDIT: Oh and i found the posters post v funny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

volley doesnt have any cooldown :D

It has a 3sec CD unless wow-europe and wowhead talent calc is wrong?

Or can you specc to reduce the cast time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope it has no cooldown, it does last for 3 seconds though so i suppose you can call it a CD while its in use ;)

• Advertisement

Its instant cast, perhaps the graphic lasts 3 seconds ? but im pretty sure you could unleash fire blast after the GCD ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I took on two mages the other day as a prot warrior in PVE gear :P one got hammered and the other killed me with about 25% left. Prot warrior in PVP is quite usefull... funny :)

Advertisement