Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

warning light coming on

• 08-11-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

We have a new skoda roomster and just lately the warning light and sound comes on as we drive it. It indicates a door open, sometimes when we shut the boot door it stops momentarily. We took it back to the main dealer and he doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. It is alarming intermittently, distracting as you drive along. Is this a serious problem? It seems to be worse when its raining. At this stage I want to tell the garage to disable it as I wonder how many treks back and forth will this take!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

It sounds as though your car is still under warranty. Your garage will have to have this fixed. They mightnt be too happy about it though - can be hard to pinpoint electrical faults. Keep bringing it back to them until its sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You are allowed by law to bring stuff back and give them an opportunity to fix it. If they cannot fix it and your vehicle is under warranty then they MUST replace the vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sofia11

Thanks for the replies guys. The garage is sending a mechanic to us because after the recent visit (Friday) I can't open the front passenger door, apparently they didn't put it back together properly. Sounds bad doesn't it, doubt they will replace the car for a warning light. We won't be able to carry it anywhere else either! I 'll have to persist, he did say if they couldn't get the door in order on Monday they would take our car and leave another but my husband has seen the manner in which the young mechanic drives our car, grating gears,speedily reversing etc and if we later discover a dent............. here's to what happens Monday. The car is under warranty TG

Advertisement